CD won't eject!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning my CD player wouldn't eject. Everything else works and the cd plays just fine, but when I hit eject it makes a noise, switches to radio and doesn't eject!

2003KJ

Reaction score
Haha, If I end up having to replace it I might do that.

You are going to have to replace it, and do that :D

Not the first time i've heard of this happening. If it's under warranty, the dealer will take the CD out and replace the unit with another factory unit. However if it's out of warranty, perfect excuse for you to upgrade!!! And you can't just upgrade the radio with the stock speakers, so go ahead and throw some speakers in as well. And we all know the more bass the better, so a small sub and amp in the back would work.

Do you see how this can get out of hand quick?...LOL :D

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to replace it, and do that :D

Not the first time i've heard of this happening. If it's under warranty, the dealer will take the CD out and replace the unit with another factory unit. However if it's out of warranty, perfect excuse for you to upgrade!!! And you can't just upgrade the radio with the stock speakers, so go ahead and throw some speakers in as well. And we all know the more bass the better, so a small sub and amp in the back would work.

Do you see how this can get out of hand quick?...LOL :D

Nah, I'm fine with just upgrading the head unit. I've never really been a stereo person.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read elsewhere on the web that a burnt cd can cause ejection malfunctions. The solution was to continuously hit the two buttons as already suggested.

Also not having a cd player in my Jeep, I don't know if there might be an emergency eject hole located near the slot, that a paper clip is pushed into to manually relese the cd.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the single cd player or the 6disc changer? Ive heard alot about the stock 6disc changer not giving the CD back but idk if Ive heard about the single disc not giving it back.

There isnt much you can do if the above method doesnt work other than take it in if its under warranty, but I would say its not since its a 2004.

a4dp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the single cd player or the 6disc changer? Ive heard alot about the stock 6disc changer not giving the CD back but idk if Ive heard about the single disc not giving it back.

There isnt much you can do if the above method doesnt work other than take it in if its under warranty, but I would say its not since its a 2004.

Single CD and no warranty. I searched and read about the same problem (no fix). Also, there doesn't seem to be an emergency eject. Some people said theirs eject 2-3 days later, but still gets stuck on occasion.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
This happened to my '04. At least 3 or so times as well. There is no solution, it just happens occasionally, burned or pressed CDs. I could get mine out by turning the ignition on and off, each time trying to push the eject button. Eventually it would come out.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY burned and put a CD in the player in mine about 3 weeks ago. I've never ejected it. I hardly use CD players anymore with my mp3 player now.

Used to have a 60 disc changer on the home stereo...I just removed it so the wife's record player would fit in the entertainment center.

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with my 2005, the problem was not about burned vs pressed, just a problem with the CD player. The problem is very common and intermittent. Just replace the CD player, very easy.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The '05-'07s do it too?!

Didn't know that. I always thought it was isolated to the '04s. At least that's what it seemed like.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on a two-trak one day and went through a real bumpy section with the cd playing and it just ejected itself...haha. You could try that....or maby a speed bump....haha. You could try that. Other than that mine works ok.

Dave

ps....mine is the factory 6 disk...I don't know if that makes a difference.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you turn off the ignition, and then hit eject, it should work, or at least it worked for me. I had mine replaced under warrenty, but the new one does the same thing. It usually happens with CDs from the store rather than a burnt CD. Mine is an 03, with the RBK deck in it.