Growl and vibration in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MicroFF16

Reaction score
I posted on L.O.S.T. and really didn't get an answer.

Anyway, About three days ago I noticed when I left off the gas I start to get a growl from what sounds like the rear end. When I get to low speeds I start to get a vibration then when I'm at speeds around less then 5mph it shakes even more. I checked all the bolts and crap from when we put a lift on they are good. Changed the rear diff fluid today, everything looked good.

I'm not sure what to look for as far as the drive shaft. Could it be the U-Joint's in the rear. If so I see they aren't that much for the part but is it DIY?

Thanks to all and be safe

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Growl and Vibration in the Rear means too much chili or fiber... Back off a few days and eat lighter... hah.gif

Ok, now that i got that out of my system (TBJ will enjoy that comment) i would get under there and check for play in everything, driveshaft especially. Oh and make sure its not something as simple as an out of balance wheel/tire.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
to fully inspect the rear u joints you have to take the driveshaft out, mine felt tight , but when I took them out they were all rusted and almost welded in there!

MicroFF16

Reaction score
Nice comment! rofl2.gif

Figured if the tire was bad it would do it all the time not just when it was on decel. Can you point me in the right way to take the drive shaft out, its covered in rust (atleast IMO). If thats the cause, would it be really easy to change the u-joint at that time. I searched them and see they are not that much

Thanks

-Zack

Latest posts

Members online