KJ lift (jack) points?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratjb

Reaction score
Anyone have a FSM that they could post the graphic of the lift points from?

It's mostly common sense, I know , but I'd feel better seeing more that what the Owners manual has.

Thanks

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear tyres position jack under the rear axle

front you will see a notch along the uni body just behind the front wheel

stratjb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply fouros. I was thinking it should be safe to jack it up from the rear axles and then put the jack stands there also but wasn't sure.

The problem with the front is that there isn't enough room for my jack AND a jack stand on the notched plate right behind the tire.

I've also got a 2001 WJ and I've got the FSM for that which tells you where you can jack it from.

I just don't want make a costly mistake.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When putting jack stands under the front, I jack it up from the front skid using a floor jack. If you do not have a floor jack, then Idk how you could do it? I used the cross member before I had the skid. O:)

stratjb

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram ValveStem!

It looks like they only recommend the one place up front so I'll have to figure out another place for the jack stand or try to fit them both on the notched thing.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
When putting jack stands under the front, I jack it up from the front skid using a floor jack. If you do not have a floor jack, then Idk how you could do it? I used the cross member before I had the skid. O:)

\:D/

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the LCA for the jacking point for the front and rear. Is that okay? Then I put jack stands on the unibody frame.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepkj02 said:
I use the LCA for the jacking point for the front and rear. Is that okay? Then I put jack stands on the unibody frame.

As long as you put it on a stand before you do any work the lca is fine, but you should really just lift at the lift point instead, or at the cross member like jeepster mentioned.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stratjb said:
Thanks jeepster, but unfortunately, no skids. cryinghard.gif

Before I had my skids I used the cross member. I said that in that post. Its not the ****** cross member, but the one all the way to the front. The engine cross member. 8-[

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Not the best picture of it, but since all you need is the reference, you can look at it in detail on your own liberty.

Those notches are where you put the factory jack to lift the front.

If you are doing anything other than just swapping a wheel, than put a jack stand under the frame where the previous post's diagram circles. (aka the flat spot on that big beam the goes front to back on the bottom of your jeep)

HIKJ

Reaction score
Jack notch too narrow

The notches at the front of my 2005 CRD 2.8 are too narrow for the jack that comes with the vehicle. The dealer was not impressed and told me simply to put the jack just beside the notch. Jeep Quality!

alljeep

Reaction score
Took mine to a "Big O" tire shop for a tire rotate - they used only one floor jack in back, stuck it right under the rear differential/pumpkin, and jacked the whole back end up on that. My understanding is this is a big NO NO.

I used to do it on my old CJ Jeeps, but they were always the 3rd car in the fleet - just off road toys, not my daily driver.

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alljeep said:
Took mine to a "Big O" tire shop for a tire rotate - they used only one floor jack in back, stuck it right under the rear differential/pumpkin, and jacked the whole back end up on that. My understanding is this is a big NO NO.

I used to do it on my old CJ Jeeps, but they were always the 3rd car in the fleet - just off road toys, not my daily driver.

Same thing happened to me while I was having my new wheels mounted and balanced, I cringed as soon as they started lifting.

I don't like doing it and I dont know who told me about its *wrong-ness", but yeah

So yeah

Latest posts

Members online