Stupid 04 Limited Tire pressure sensors!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

majikkj

Reaction score
My tire pressure sensors keep going out and I'm getting sick of it!! I saw on the forum somewhere that someone had their EVIC flashed to where that certian screen didn't show up, like the vehicle never came with it. I just got off the phone with my local stealership and they told me there was no way to fix it besides getting a new sensor put in. Could someone steer me in the right direction please. I don't trust the dealership!!!! :^o

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Whats causing them to go out?
My Dad has an 04 Chevy Z71 Tahoe and when he had new tires put on the idiots broke them all and they all had to be replaced, if thats your problem just get someone that knows what they're doin to put them in and they won't break but if not IDK what to tell you! Haha good luck!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I do not think the system is junky at all. Ive never had any problems with mine, although I change them out of the rims on my own; dont trust a shop to handle something that complicated(sarcastic).

What do you mean by, "The sensors keep going out." What happens to make you think they are going out? 98% of the people that get on here complain about them but fail to check the tire pressure in all 5 tires. Surely thats not your problem...?

So far so good with my 04. I did need to retrain them once after it said something about a bad/missing sensor.

Its fun to amaze people when they get in my Jeep if theyve never seen something like that before. :)

majikkj

Reaction score
No it keeps saying something like [tire sensor missing/damaged]. But it never tells me which one it is. I tried to reprogram them with the little magnetic doughnut thing, but it doesn't work. Maybe we can just trade Libertys Jeepster! :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GASP! :eek:

I could never let my Jeep go. :D

They do have batteries in them which can go dead. I read they have an estimated lifetime of 7 years but that may of been an opinion, cant remember where I read that. Have the tires been rotated and re-trained? Dont forget about that spare when you re-train them. :)

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to reprogram them with the little magnetic doughnut thing, but it doesn't work.

Did you follow the directions on retraining sensors in the owners manual?

majikkj

Reaction score
Oh yea. I train the sensors exactly as it says to. I just wish it would tell me which one is bad!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I thought of this post last night as my TPMS was going off. Sure enough my spare was at 28lbs! Have to get myself trained to check it regularly.

Cheers,
Luke

Latest posts

Members online