Go Back   Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country > Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) > KJ General Discussion

Register to remove these ads.

KJ General Discussion

Unlocking a Liberty w/o keys, keyless entry, etc.

This is a discussion on Unlocking a Liberty w/o keys, keyless entry, etc. within the KJ General Discussion forums, part of the Jeep Liberty - KJ (02 to 07) category!
Register to remove these ads. It's free! I am the proud owner of a 2005 Liberty CRD. My last truck ...

General discussion forum for KJ Liberty's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Unlocking a Liberty w/o keys, keyless entry, etc.

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
I am the proud owner of a 2005 Liberty CRD. My last truck was a 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4. One of the features I really miss from the Expedition was the keypad keyless entry. I could park the truck, leave it run with the doors locked, and on my return, use the keypad on the door to get in. In the alternative, I could lock it with it running and take the little keyless entry remote to get back in. Sometimes, when going to court, I would just lock my keys in the car to avoid security hassles, and just keypad in on my return.

With the Liberty's all-in-one key and remote, it is more convenient in my pocket, but there's no way to get in from the outside if I want to: 1) leave it running when I'm out of it; 2) leave my keys in it for some reason; or, 3) get back in after I've locked my keys in it. Moreover, as expensive as the keys are, and only having 2 keys, I cannot wire another key under it or something.

What I'm thinking about is how I can rig some way to allow me to unlock the doors from the outside without a key or remote...perhaps a concealed switch that would allow me to unlock the doors or something. Or perhaps a keypad that could be retrofitted. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions...Anyone?

Anyone familiar with the wiring of the electronic door locks?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I suggest using one of these:

(Just kidding)
superspeckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kombat Edition Jeep

ROFL!!! A brick! =D>

In all seriousness, this is a very bad situation the '05s are going through for people who like to do exactly what you're describing. I don't think the old key fobs will work with the new system, so you're faced with buying a new key.... which costs $100 from the dealer.

KJ Country's Resident Jeep Employee!
Marlon_JB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default keypad

You can get keypads like ford offers installed. You just need to find someone to do it and they are a bit expensive. A local place by me installs all that stuff, keypads, sunroofs, remote starters, alarms, etc.
squirrellydw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to -=JoN=- Send a message via MSN to -=JoN=-

if ur just want to unlock the doors, wont just getting it copied work?
L..S.T. N.E. #000086

Jeep KJ Country Member # 4
Map yourself
Support Cancer Research
"crap i didnt realize it was on abc family,two steps above watching lifetime lol" -DesertKJ-
-=JoN=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Bennett
Default Re: Unlocking a Liberty w/o keys, keyless entry, etc.

Originally Posted by FarmJeep
What I'm thinking about is how I can rig some way to allow me to unlock the doors from the outside without a key or remote...perhaps a concealed switch that would allow me to unlock the doors or something.
Yeah you could just buy a momentary switch and connect it up to the front door lock switch- then just conceal the switch somewhere outside. That probably would work.

Bennett
Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Renegade04

I have a 05 key w/intergrated remote for sale if you like. Its uncut and new. I got it to use w/my 04 Renegade but it will not work on the 04s.... $50 is what it cost me.....Let me know if your intrested.... you could allways cut the metal key part and just keep the remote part with you......
Old 07-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default For farm Jeep(problems with the all in one remte)

This might solve your problem,I bought the 05 limited and had somewhat the same problem I had a key cut at the dealer $3.00 they call it a (Valet key) it will get you in the door but DONT try to start the engine with it or you will be towing it to the dealer to have the system reset, that way you could hide the monster key somewhere inside.to start the car. good Luck. Keith
bornbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Unlocking the Liberty

I agree with Bornbrit. I had a regular key cut (based on a comment from another member) just to unlock my steering wheel for towing. I haven't tried it on the door lock, but I assume it will open the door without setting off the alarm.
Jtimpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Default Re: For farm Jeep(problems with the all in one remte)

Register to remove these ads. It's free!
Originally Posted by bornbrit
This might solve your problem,I bought the 05 limited and had somewhat the same problem I had a key cut at the dealer $3.00 they call it a (Valet key) it will get you in the door but DONT try to start the engine with it or you will be towing it to the dealer to have the system reset, that way you could hide the monster key somewhere inside.to start the car. good Luck. Keith
Same here. I went to the local locksmith for a key. They also told me not to start the vehicle with the key. Works fine for the door lock.
ferl is offline   Reply With Quote