Stock Wrangler Wheels on 07 Liberty??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vollenweider

Reaction score
My daughter recently purchased an 07 Jeep Liberty (not four wheel drive) stirckly stock. I have a set of Stock Jeep Wheels I took off a new at the time 02 Wrangler. She likes the Wrangler Wheels... will they work on her Liberty... I'll have to check the tire size on the Liberty. Any help would be appreciated.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)
The bolt pattern, 5x4.5, is the same as a KJ...not sure on back spacing and caliper clearance though...

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some 02 wranglers came with 15s while others came with 16s and i have not tried it myself but have been told 15s won't clear.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
15" won't clear. 16" is a minimum on the KJ *unless* you go with the Cragar Soft 8s. Seems to be the ONLY 15" wheel that will fit the KJ.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've got the KJ and the Wrangler wheels, how 'bout you bolt one on and let the rest of us know if they fit. :)

Just my two bits here.... I'm pretty sure that if the Wrangler wheel is steel (thinner cross-section) and not aluminium or magnesium that it will fit. My concern would be the backspacing of the wheel and the potential for tire rub on an unlifted KJ. If Cragar Soft 8s fit just fine over the caliper on the front, and they do, there's still a good 1/2 inch of space between the two. One may make the reasonable assumption that nearly any 15" steel wheel will fit.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wrangler tires (if 225/75 15s) will be pretty close to the original tire height on your daughter's Libby Sport. The TJ steel wheels barely fit, and are extremely close to rubbing on the caliper.

You must be registered for see images attach

I personally haven't tried any other 15" Jeep rims, but I know the aluminum rims don't have that step behind the spokes like the steel wheels do, so I'm pretty sure an aluminum TJ rim should fit.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This question has come up before on the KJ forums somewhere.

Unless you use a wheel shim or spacer a stock Wrangler 15" rim will rub either the brake calipers or a tie rod end. I have however managed to fit an offset 15" rim on my Libby.

ryanee182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the stock 15" Wrangler "Gambler" wheels with 1" spacers. Frankenlift with 31x10.5 BFG Mud's. Only rubs when turned at full lock.

bbates

Reaction score
Wrangler wheels On Liberty

I wanted to just shed some light on the topic of Wrangler wheels fitting a liberty. I have been researching this topic for several weeks now without a definate answer. I was in search of a set of 15" aluminum wheels for my 2004 Liberty. On a fixed budget trying to find the cheapest combo and buying 16" tires and or wheels is very costly compared to the standard 15" that has been around for years and are very easy to find. I found I nice set of 31 x 10.5-15 on factory Wrangler 92-96 aluminum wheels. I know there are several different styles on years outside of this range but these are the ones that say jeep on them. If you dont mind doing some modification to calipers and spindle with the Makita grinder they will fit. If you want to leave it untouched and just bolt on and go. Forget it they wont work. Hope this helps someone like me who that was looking for a answer.

Latest posts

Members online