Coolant level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is everyones coolant level? I always thought the level was right at the seam in the tank since it doesnt say COLD FILL with an arrow pointing to the seam.

I guess some has evaporated over the years and such.. I was just wondering if anyone else's coolant level is like mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

oil is fine, not worried about that. O:)

What kind of antifreeze does everyone use?
O:)

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was actually at the same spot when I bought it with 30k on it, and I added to fill to the arrow, been there ever since.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Mine was actually at the same spot when I bought it with 30k on it, and I added to fill to the arrow, been there ever since.

Thats good.. At least I know nothing is wrong. O:)

What kind did you use?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Time to refill! Shouldn't need to be flushed for a LONG time though. My sister's is starting to evaporate a little bit.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
thecause17 said:

Thats good.. At least I know nothing is wrong. O:)

What kind did you use?

I believe it was Prestone, they have a universal coolant that will mix with it. Otherwise I'd go to the dealer and get the OEM Mopar stuff.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was actually above the cold fill line when cold. Its gone down a little, but not much. Havent had any problems with it being that high though.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yup, mine was about that level. I usually keep it topped off though. I use the Prestone 50/50 pre mixed stuff that comes in the gray bottle with the orange top, it's the universal Dexcool/Chrysler approved stuff. No issues on my end.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill probably pick me some up then.

Im going to check all my fluids tomorrow and top them off if needed tomorrow. Good thing they are giving a high of 25F tomorrow! \:D/

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know my evic would actually put up a negative number until yesterday. I thought instead of the -4 it would just say "really f-ing cold". \:D/

BTW Better top mine of too!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank You Blake.
I checked my coolant level, it looks like THERE IS NON LEFT. I don't see ANYthing when I look at it from that angle. So I opened it up, and there is like tiny bit left inside. At the bottom.

So, I am thinking of buying what you recommended:
You must be registered for see images

and filling it to that level.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You Blake.
I checked my coolant level, it looks like THERE IS NON LEFT. I don't see ANYthing when I look at it from that angle. So I opened it up, and there is like tiny bit left inside. At the bottom.

So, I am thinking of buying what you recommended:

and filling it to that level.
You made a wise choice for coolant,G-05 is the only approved coolant and other "universal" coolants DO NOT MIX well with G-05,no matter what there bottle says.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
So that would explain why you have no heat. :) There's just enough to keep the engine warm. Fill it up!!!! (Yes, it evaporates over time.)

Remember: Never take off the cap while the engine is warm. Do it in the morning after it has sat out all night, just to be on the safe side.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You made a wise choice for coolant
That was JeepJeepster's recommendation.

Thank you all.
Here are the shots!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that reminds me to clean mine out and put in some coolant. I have not touched it since I put all that water in there after changing the pump out. Doh! Gonna do that 1st thing tomorrow. I can just see things freezing up and that would be a really big problem.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coolant didn't help with the heater! :( I filled it to the line, after a short trip it was back down to below the line, but I guess that's OK.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you drive it?

May have alittle air in it.. Give it some time and see. Keep checking the level after you let it go through some heat cycles(Hot to cold engine).

Latest posts

Members online