What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
All your grounds are good?
Yes, the ground is good. I think I just figured it out though. The fuse to the harness is blown out. :facepalm: Should have checked that first. But since I had directionals and brake lights, I assumed incorrectly the fuse was still good. But the harness must have been tapping the tail light power for those, and main power for running lights. The harness is a complex web of relays and wires, that I still don't completely understand.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha… that describes every electrical thing I look at. I would be lost without good tutorials.
I need to do some rewiring. Some of this problem is because of the previous owner and some is from a past version of myself being lazy 10 years ago. The trailer harness, a rear inverter, and a manual switch for the dome lights are all powered on the same circuit. That's not cool. Each of those 3 things should have their own line with their own independent fuse. Will fix that as soon as I get some time! Not sure why the common fuse blew after 10 years, but I am leaving it removed for the time being for safety. It was a 20 amp so there must have been some serious current.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ok … but don’t at me for the sacrilege of posting my beast in this thread. :p

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes its the little things that make a difference...

Today I was able to remove the drivers side interior door panel without breaking anything.

Then I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the mirror adjustment buttons so that they all worked again.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes its the little things that make a difference...

Today I was able to remove the drivers side interior door panel without breaking anything.

Then I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the mirror adjustment buttons so that they all worked again.
Great job. That's got to feel satisfying to have those working again. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online