'06 transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69gscalifornia

Reaction score
Bought an '06 Liberty in Florida and drove it 1700 miles back to MN. Transmission went into limp mode 20 miles from home, but it did get us home. Paid a local shop $3000 to rebuild the transmission with all new solenoid packs, etc. Drove it for a couple weeks and it would throw an occasional code for the tcc switch, but seemed to drive normally. Then it got worse, now as soon as you put it in gear it goes into limp mode. Disconnect the battery for a bit to clear the code and restart and all looks good. Grab the shift lever and lights come on and limp mode is all i get.

Any insight appreciated as I'm guessing I'm going to be arguing with the transmission shop about fixing this.

Thanks!
Ken

Sevenmilesout

Reaction score
Yes, Ken, your first port of call has to be the shop in which you invested $3000 & as soon as possible. It's pointless to guess what may be the issue with the transmission.

Speed is of the essence.