2005 liberty diesel rear window hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfanslau

Reaction score
Hello my 2005 liberty diesel rear window hatch opens with the key fob, but none of the interior switchs or the rear hatch handle either

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine opens on the fob or the rear door handle, I don't think there are any internal switches for it?? Yours is later than mine though.
The rear handle has a micro switch in it that triggers the glass release, it sounds like it's failed.

cami

Reaction score
Hello my 2005 liberty diesel rear window hatch opens with the key fob, but none of the interior switchs or the rear hatch handle either
I also have a 2005 Liberty, limited, Diesel. No interior switches to open rear window, key fob or tailgate handle only. Tailgate handle, a soft pull should open glass and a harder pull open tailgate. If you cannot open glass but at the same time you can open tailgate, I vote for the microswitch being bad. My challenges are; heated seats and cruise control not working. Also have ordered items required to change the timing belt. Odometer says 154k miles, will also check glow plug style and voltage while I have things out of the way.