2010 liberty ltd sport 4WD, no start just got

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmcello

Reaction score
Short is it hasn’t run since about 2020-2021 (last reg 2021).

There was a Schrader valve on the fuel rod, so I wonder if there is a fuel leak/filter/pump
problem.

One plug wire is missing but all 6 are seated.

Ordered NGK iridium though I’ve read copper core is better? Passed on coils for now.

Ordered a fuel pump, fuel pressure kit, etc. No idea what kind of fuel filter it takes, but will deal with that later.

ODB scanner didn’t throw any codes. When I first connected it everything failed including the radio. So I reset it and I think only a left headlight said it was over voltage, though it was not turned on. All gauges and internal electronics work.

Spins over but doesn’t cough or wheeze. Guessing I have a fuel issue but will also test spark with a tester.

Any thing I missed? I live on an island so either I pay a fortune in town or wait a couple weeks for parts to come in.

This is my first jeep so I’m literally jeep stupid. Since it was free I guess I can’t go too wrong.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1190.jpeg
    IMG_1190.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 5

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The schrader you are showing is on the fuel rail. That is the access port to check the fuel pressure.

Without a gage, you are limited to your eyes and ears. Key on - you should hear the FP (fuel pump) run and pressurize the line - a short buzzing noise about 1-3 seconds long.
At that point, a gage on the rail would hopefully show about 60 psi. If you do not hear the FP run, check the fuses and fuel pump relay. There is a lot of info available here. If still no fuel pump, you can do a quick and dirty test:

Shoot a bit (1 second or so) of brake clean in the air intake. Try to start the jeep. The brake cleaner is combustible like fuel and if the jeep starts and dies, you know you need to explore the fuel system.

Since you are on an island, do not throw a bunch of parts at it. Let's all figure out what is missing and keeping the jeep from running.

Ajmcello

Reaction score
The schrader you are showing is on the fuel rail. That is the access port to check the fuel pressure.

Without a gage, you are limited to your eyes and ears. Key on - you should hear the FP (fuel pump) run and pressurize the line - a short buzzing noise about 1-3 seconds long.
At that point, a gage on the rail would hopefully show about 60 psi. If you do not hear the FP run, check the fuses and fuel pump relay. There is a lot of info available here. If still no fuel pump, you can do a quick and dirty test:

Shoot a bit (1 second or so) of brake clean in the air intake. Try to start the jeep. The brake cleaner is combustible like fuel and if the jeep starts and dies, you know you need to explore the fuel system.

Since you are on an island, do not throw a bunch of parts at it. Let's all figure out what is missing and keeping the jeep from running.

Thanks! I am not hearing a fuel pump pressurizing. I bought a kit for about $30 bucks to check the psi. I did not think of the air intake. Will shoot some brake cleaner in there and see if I get a hit once my plugs came in. One is missing and indicating a misfire on two cylinders.

Will also check fuses. I popped the cover off the the one under the hood and saw about 500 ants. Hopefully I got rid of them but now I’ll have to hit it with air and pull each one.