2012 Liberty with P0304

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tgdg2000

Reaction score
I've been reading other post, but still can't figure out my Daughter's car. I've changed plugs, Coil packs, and wires. Drove good for about a week then P0304 comes up again. I have switched plug 4 and 6 around still comes up P0304. Other day I pulled the fuel injectors and switched 4 and 6 on those and still pulls P0304 but it's getting to the part its everyday now. When she goes to start it she says it starts weird and starts shaking specially when she puts in reverse but then when she parks it and I get in the shaking is gone but still has P0304. Just FYI I do clear the code everytime I try something it just keeps coming back. Any suggestions other than what I've done? Thanks

dart14

Reaction score
I've been reading other post, but still can't figure out my Daughter's car. I've changed plugs, Coil packs, and wires. Drove good for about a week then P0304 comes up again. I have switched plug 4 and 6 around still comes up P0304. Other day I pulled the fuel injectors and switched 4 and 6 on those and still pulls P0304 but it's getting to the part its everyday now. When she goes to start it she says it starts weird and starts shaking specially when she puts in reverse but then when she parks it and I get in the shaking is gone but still has P0304. Just FYI I do clear the code everytime I try something it just keeps coming back. Any suggestions other than what I've done? Thanks

dart14

Reaction score
You may want to go with a complete set of new fuel injectors if they have high mileage on them, or a least a good soaking/cleaning. If that doesn't work, a compression test is probably in order (really that could have been done at the beginning to eliminate a blown head gasket, etc).
The code might take a couple of starts to disappear but you should feel the current symptoms disappear if you have solved the problem - I wouldn't worry about resetting each time.

Tgdg2000

Reaction score
You may want to go with a complete set of new fuel injectors if they have high mileage on them, or a least a good soaking/cleaning. If that doesn't work, a compression test is probably in order (really that could have been done at the beginning to eliminate a blown head gasket, etc).
The code might take a couple of starts to disappear but you should feel the current symptoms disappear if you have solved the problem - I wouldn't worry about resetting each time.
Thanks, yes we did a compression test also and every cyclinder was about 180. So I unplugged Neg battery and let set of a while and took one of the O2 sensors out on passenger side for now until I get a longer bar to get the back one out. As of right now it's running better, So hopefully I found the issue. We will see. Thanks for the information though

Tgdg2000

Reaction score
I did a reading with my code reader and I get this everytime I get a CEL it's on both B1S2 and B2S2. Both TID $81. When I clear the codes this turns into pass.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online