Bilstein Strut-OME Spring Q's and Deeke UCA Q's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LFX1

Reaction score
So does anyone having any issue with the taller spring and what appears to be the standard replacement strut in Bilstein brand. Over extending that seems it wouldn't be good and be really stiff.

Also are they using the standard original mfg strut top plate to hold spring down?

I start adding up the cost of the front pair springs and the Bilstein struts and rear springs and struts its close to just buying a full OME kit from RockFather isn't it if you don't get the UCA's. What am I missing. Even the Youtube guy that said his front was OME, they appear to be Bilstein blue 4600's on it, he gives part number for TJ spring and say's he is using Durango rear shock since it's longer, that would be almost cheapest route. Control Arms appear very similar in cost between OME and JBA's,.

Now there is this 3rd party seller that look like JBA knock offs for 3rd of the price Deeke all though they don't see to have currently the 07 and under fitment for some reason. Ball joints look like standard GM heavy duty on all 3. I seen one guy on here that was using them has there been any feedback I have not seen any yet. I know JBA and OME have years of selling and service, and some of this knock off stuff doesn't always have good Quality control. **Does the Deeke show they have the offset for fixing alignment issues, this is most important.

One questions not addressed or haven't see yet, is what rear boomarang control arm is everyone using , just stock, I seen some ********* link setups, but for daily driver any specific heavy duty one you guys recommend.

Also no matter which lift you go with do you have to do the rear brake extensions, doesn't look to difficult.

Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I kept the stock rear UCA… no brake line extensions. I wouldn’t trust my life with those Deekes, I’d love to see an x-ray of the welds. Good question about the caster. Oh I ended up using the Durango shocks too… load levelling version.

LFX1

Reaction score
I kept the stock rear UCA… no brake line extensions. I wouldn’t trust my life with those Deekes, I’d love to see an x-ray of the welds. Good question about the caster. Oh I ended up using the Durango shocks too… load levelling version.
Luke is yours gas or diesel?
Any reason one would goe with RRO UCA’s vs JBA.

Do you have the part numbers you used if i could get that lift Id be so happy. Lasly what tire size you using.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Mine was gas ;)

My setup is in my signature ( turn your phone sideways) although it’s discontinued you can see the parts used in the kit on Jeepin by Al’s site. I’ve never used RRO so can’t help there.

Last edited: