Can you replace the clutch safety switch without removing the clutch master cylinder and stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psyon

Reaction score
Can the cluch safey switch be replaced without removing the master cylinder? Jeep seems to sell the clutch hydraulic unit with the switch on it, but a lot of the aftermarket ones don't seem to include it, and look like you just attach it to the road coming from the pedal. I see the switch can be purchased separately, and it looks like it would just slide on, but I can't find anything showing it's replacement to confirm. The transmission shop who replaced my hydraulics a while back screwed up the switch. It was intermittent at the time so hard to prove to them. It's been getting worse and worse. I need to find just the right position for the clutch pedal now for it to engange. I know I can bypass by going into 4 low, but I also have a problem with the linkage for that popping off. If it can be replaced easily, I am going to do it, but otherwise, it may just get a jumper wire.