Fan hub delete options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deft102

Reaction score
Hey,

So I've had issues with sourcing the bearing for the fan hub as they don't seem to be produced anymore, and numerous attempts to use alternate bearings have failed. I've installed an electic fan was looking to delete the fan hub and possibly the engine heater. Has anyone done this or could recommend a delete kit?

Cheers.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at mine when I did the cambelt last time, a VW bearing looked promising with a bit of work. Be careful with engine temperature in hot weather without the viscous fan, electric fans are unlikely to be as powerful.

eldredg

Reaction score
The clutch fan on the water pump on KJs was part of the heavy duty tow package. Electric fan was standard. Stock electric works fine unless towing a heavy load. Flat towed a 48 CJ2A 850 miles at 55-60 with O7 KJ with no issues. Some folks run the clutch fan only and works OK for them. Your choice.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Hey,

So I've had issues with sourcing the bearing for the fan hub as they don't seem to be produced anymore, and numerous attempts to use alternate bearings have failed. I've installed an electic fan was looking to delete the fan hub and possibly the engine heater. Has anyone done this or could recommend a delete kit?

Cheers.
There is NO electric fan available that will fit and move the SCFM air flow like the 11 blade GM fan and HD fan clutch upgrade.
The OEM fan hub bearings are no longer available in the US, I have searched extensively.
I can rebuild the fan hub using slightly oversize bearings, requires boring out the housing to fit the oversize bearings. I use Koyo deep groove bearings.
Contact me if you are interested in sending me your hub for a rebuild. It is a 5-7 turnaround. You can PM on here or on LOSTJeeps.com or over on FaceBook, just look for wwdiesel.
IDParts also sales a new aftermarket fan hub on their website, https://www.idparts.com/upgraded-fan-pulley-bracket-kit-liberty-crd-crdfankit-p-12564.html

Attachments

• GM Cooling Fan and Clutch Upgrade.png
    GM Cooling Fan and Clutch Upgrade.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clutch fan on the water pump on KJs was part of the heavy duty tow package. Electric fan was standard. Stock electric works fine unless towing a heavy load. Flat towed a 48 CJ2A 850 miles at 55-60 with O7 KJ with no issues. Some folks run the clutch fan only and works OK for them. Your choice.
These are CRD's the big fan is standard cooling on them.

Watsonmichael1951

Reaction score
There is NO electric fan available that will fit and move the SCFM air flow like the 11 blade GM fan and HD fan clutch upgrade.
The OEM fan hub bearings are no longer available in the US, I have searched extensively.
I can rebuild the fan hub using slightly oversize bearings, requires boring out the housing to fit the oversize bearings. I use Koyo deep groove bearings.
Contact me if you are interested in sending me your hub for a rebuild. It is a 5-7 turnaround. You can PM on here or on LOSTJeeps.com or over on FaceBook, just look for wwdiesel.
IDParts also sales a new aftermarket fan hub on their website, https://www.idparts.com/upgraded-fan-pulley-bracket-kit-liberty-crd-crdfankit-p-12564.html
I found a bearing in Germany. Don't remember name cost 180.00 US. THIS was last summer.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are available but expensive, looks like a tiny Bridgeport spindle setup!
You must be registered for see images attach