Fuse for rear passenger windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anyone know which fuse or relay controls both rear windows on a 2005 KJ? Got the Jeep back from the shop after a transfer case repair and both rear windows don't work anymore. No sounds, clicks, etc. Not working from the switch on top of the center console nor the switches that are accessible from the rear seats. Both regulators are fairly new. Console switch was replaced a couple of years ago. I know they removed the center console cover because it no longer sat flush. Also appears that someone took the Jeep for a joy ride (or extended "test drive"?) Got it back dirty, items that were nearly in a box in the trunk got tossed around, with all the settings changed on radio, seat position, window child lock was engaged, dash lights were set to minimum brightness, making me think that the dash was out. 4x4 light no longer worked after the transfer case was repaired. I went back once to have that remedied. Needless to say I was "p****d. Ok, thanks for listing to my rant. What else could have happened that disabled both window regulators at the same time?

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
According to the Driver's Manual, the rears aren't separately fused - so if the fronts work it's not the fuse (or relay)

fwiw, the relay fuse is the 20a one in cavity 1 at the end of the dash & the windows one is the 40a @ F13 under the hood.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have had the centre console out they may not have plugged the wires back in correctly, I'd start looking there.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much of the center console was removed, it may have been just the cover. The rest looks dusty and undisturbed, lol! The master switch was plugged in correctly and no visible damage to any terminals. I'm beginning to think it may be the lockout switch button within the master switch. It engages but seems spongy when releasing. Would have hoped for a longer life span for this spare part though...

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, if you pull the plug you can get a multi meter on the switch and leads to see what's going on.