Heated seat not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Starting to use the heated seat and I don't feel any heat on the bottom seat cushion.
Lots of heat on the back cushion and the hi and low setting work good.
Anyone know where to get a new element or is there a fuse for each bottom and back cushion.
Maybe a burnt out pin in the connector under the seat.
Might be a broken wire under the leather cover too.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Great post you found, checked on other forums like the JK Wrangler and they have problems with the seat heater too.
The great thing is my back feels like it's on fire after 5 minutes with it on.
What the owners say on the newer jeep vehicles, is they don't heat up like they used too.
Now if I can just find a part number for this element. The mopar site that I went on out of Florida has none listed.
Any ideas where I can get a part number for this seat element.
Wreckers will be another avenue if I can't find a new element.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could be of more help but here is the deal, I would need to know the exact seat trim code of your vehicle, then find the heater pad part number.
So in other words on this one, call a dealer with your VIN # ready. They will be able to look this up fast & give you the exact corresponding part number.
Hopefully it is still available.
Note: Ask what the seat code is, as I can post a pic of the schematic then.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as you will have to remove the heating pad in any case to fit a new one in position, I would first remove the faulty pad and inspect it.

It may use resistance wires which may have a break in them...if so try twisting the broken wires together.

It may use carbon tracks which could be difficult to fix.

The 2003 Jeep KJ Service Manuals describes how the heated system works, which fuses are involved etc.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Wish I could be of more help but here is the deal, I would need to know the exact seat trim code of your vehicle, then find the heater pad part number.
So in other words on this one, call a dealer.
Thanks for your thoughts on calling them, I knew it was going to be an expensive call and also iffy if they still have it.

Big Al

Let's get Cracken
Reaction score
Seeing as you will have to remove the heating pad in any case to fit a new one in position, I would first remove the faulty pad and inspect it.
It may use resistance wires which may have a break in them...if so try twisting the broken wires together.
It may use carbon tracks which could be difficult to fix.

The 2003 Jeep KJ Service Manuals describes how the heated system works, which fuses are involved etc.
Good idea to see if it is repairable. The only immediate show stopper is, should I also replace the leather seat bottom cover with a new formed leather cover. While searching for a heating pad on eBay, I came across new leather seat covers. Hoping MOPAR used resistance wires as if there is a break, sounds like it could be repaired easily.

Members online