Introducing myself RHD Cherokee owner apparently Liberty in usa.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilmyJeepers

Reaction score
I hsve just received this great looking Jeep (dark blue) registerd in 2003. RHD in fantastic ccondition and parked it for the night in my drive.

Next day battery was flat so thinking that seller wasnt being as honest as they could, I thought probably parasitic draw. OK I bouht it for a retirement project so that will be whe to start then. Found out F34 was fuse pulled when exported and shippped so did same after F7 during tracing down.

Next day I found it wouldnt start so disconnected battery and charged it so could start further diagnostics with good battery.

Now seems akarn is set but no start so investigating that now.

Had stroke in past so my brain is not as sharp as it was and electrical techie before retirement so how hard is it gonna get?

F34 sure has been worked over time so thinking of pulling junction block to check it first but need to disarm alarm so diing what manual says and see what happens.
I miss my range rover. Subaru and Masda Tribute already soe ease of working but the Jeep has everything that they had between them and better 4WD.

So thats my intro and welcome any help / advice from ou - and GREETINGS!

Attachments

• P1090734.JPG
    P1090734.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 7

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, that's a nice toy! I have a very similar one, way better than old Landrovers! I rarely have to get the MIG out now!!

Is it keeping it's charge overnight?

The immobiliser is odd in these, it will allow the engine to start and run for a few seconds if it doesn't see the chip so a no start isn't likely to be that, is the engine turning over when you try the key?

PhilmyJeepers

Reaction score
Welcome, that's a nice toy! I have a very similar one, way better than old Landrovers! I rarely have to get the MIG out now!!

The immobiliser is odd in these, it will allow the engine to start and run for a few seconds if it doesn't see the chip so a no start isn't likely to be that, is the engine turning over when you try the key?

Hi KJowner - It is taking ages for me as never been on forums ( yes in 74 years of repairing and using computers - never been o a forum) So since my stroke I hope people will be patient with me while I pick it up!

Thank you for that bit about the immobiliser assuming that RHD is same as LHD as alreay finding out the manual doesnt cover everything of difference but dors have a mntion of some having a red little light on dash for security indication and mine does and did flash fast and then slow but not sure at present so willl check it whan next on it . Today i am in greenhouse and veg plot as getting dry, so next time I will check codes left - not sure when battery is disconnected if they are wiped so will see and check my red light after reconnecting F34 and F7 which should have saved battery from discharge- will see probablyu tomorow as I am wacked ou after doing physical stuff last couple of years has wiped my energy out so have to pace myself since wretched stroke but at least I am still here.
cheers for your message.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, I'm in the UK too, there are several of us on here. Sorry to hear about your stroke, it's an awful thing.
F34 supplies the radio amongst other things, I'd start with that as they are known for this.
F7 is odd, have you checked for current when the lights are off? It's the left brake light & number plate illumination fuse so shouldn't be powered when the lights are off.
Did the engine spin over when you tried it?