Jeep Liberty 2007 3.7L Auto with Cruise/Speed control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaky143

Reaction score
This is a problem I have had for months now and cannot resolve -
I am in Egypt and have a Jeep Liberty 2007 (but could be 2006) 3.7L Automatic with Cruise Control.
The ECU I am being told is not the correct type and I have interrogated the ECU with my OBDII scanner from TOPDON (ArtiDiag Pro) and it tells me the VIN number does not match the car, which it wouldn't as its from another car.
Does somebody have the same vehicle and could give me their ECU model number so perhaps I could get closer to acquiring a second hand unit. Unfortunately there is no Jeep dealerships here that I can find so no help there. And if I put the VIN number of my car nobody recognises it as it an Egyptian number.
And to add to injury this vehicle is a CND (Complete knock down) which means it came to Egypt in box form and put together here.
The VIN numbers I have are (if this helps)
ECU in car - 1J4GL48K26W276294
VIN of Car - DA4GL48K874046887
I had a previous thread on same subject with some good advice but unfortunately I still have not resolved and I still have some DTC's that need fixing. The car runs sort of ok but the cruise/speed control does not work, the ABS does not work which may be down to the ECU?
Thanks in advance for any help

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the rear ABS sensor is ok then, you will have to go through the fault codes, it's going to be tricky if it has ECU issues. There is a guy on LostJeeps forum who lives in Italy who reprograms them, might be worth speaking to him, he can email ECU flashes to boost the diesels and remove the EGR so he may be able to help you.