junk transfer case trivia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Well y'all may or may not be interested but I just recently put in a transfer case and transmission in a jeep crd 06 model. I was informed by the guy that multiple people have worked on this thing before me buying it. And that he replaced the transmission got another one but just couldn't find anybody to put it in so he's just going to go ahead and sell it that's how I ended up with it.

I managed to get this bucket of bolts back together and the persons that I purchased it from was a gear box off because it was the transfer case that's the factoring party in the fact he had no reveres and only forward gears.

What taking place :
when placed in reveres there is no noticeable change. same as if you sifted in to neutral. with a major difference you can't go back to park . Because of the momentum of the trans mission spinning fast enough that the locking pin for park will not engage because the the momentum of the spinning of the transmission. but if you go to drive for a few seconds it does nothing noticeable until it stacks everything back in place that reveres move and the it pops loudly and will move under it own power. and will pop and jump about every 150 yard. Now that you know as much as me about the actions . does any want to toss in their ideas to what is broken. I'll post the photos on it after I get it pulled apart. an confirm the issue .

My Best Guess
Is a possibility of shift fork bent or broken or a defective planetary gear, and splin damage. that's my best guess of the problem if interested drop you comment and ideas and on it and we will see who's the closest to the problem.