Liberty door locks randomly keep unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yesiam 1970

Reaction score
My 93 liberty locks are possessed. Replaced key fob batteries. Still happens. Thought key finder I attached to keys was interfering with key fob. So removed it, but still happening. I hv to lock doors, then undo battery cable to keep doors locked. I don't know if neighbor is messing with me with some random key fob he somehow intercepted the code or what. I've only noticed it when I'm at home n nowhere else. But doors randomly unlock over n over n over, many times in a nite. Not happy about it cuz it gives access to the unwanted.

ANYONE ELSENEXPEROENCED THIS?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a 1993 it's not a Liberty!
It's probably water in a lock microswitch, my tailgate did the same.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you mean a 2003 KJ Liberty?
Even though this was many years ago, there was a known issue at dealer where a combo /quick firmware flash was performed to solve issues in locks.
The outcome was, when Jeep placed in reverse, you would hear the rear gate lock activate.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seconding the weak battery.

The heat where I live kills batteries in 1-3 years and this is one of the first signs it is about to go.

Keep a jump box/cables with you, you are going to need it soon.