liberty window regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silentbaboon

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix my passenger side window regulator? The plastic line snapped and the window has trouble moving down. Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_8195.jpeg
    IMG_8195.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 10

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
On my 2004 KJ, I have had no issues with any of the window regulators.
What year is your Jeep?
I'm sure there are some members that can help you out here.
I'm not sure if this may help but I did a search result for "window regulators" and the results are listed below.
https://www.jeepkj.com/search/689389/?q=window+regulator&o=relevance

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix my passenger side window regulator? The plastic line snapped and the window has trouble moving down. Picture attached.
Replacements are available on Ebay, but make sure you order the specific door. They are easy to replace but sometimes don't last too long!

Jimmyjimmyjimmy

Reaction score
i persopnally have had good luck with the replacements from 1A audit. they have repair videos which are very helpful as well. about $70 and free shipping is a couple days. biggest PITA was the final step - i.e. snapping the window mounting (small metal ball) into the unit becasue the metal holder on the window got bent when the windo dropped so i had to straighten it with pliers. added 20 minutes to the repair since i couldn't figure out what happened.

Trainmaster

Reaction score
There's lots of Chinese garbage out there. I've replaced a half dozen of these window regulators on two Libertys. The real junk lasts a month. Look for a name brand if you can. It may last 18 months then.

nmbluept

Reaction score
I have replaced the window regulators on both rear doors on my 2006 Sport. Check steigerperformance.com, they sell power window regulator repair kits for Jeep Liberty years 1997-2007. They are American made with no cheap plastic and run from $40 to $100 depending on the model year. There was a recall issued for the regulators, not sure if it still active. Might be worth contacting Jeep to see, probably FCA/Stellantis cancelled that stuff.

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The plastic snapped on the driver door back in 2017. I replaced all four with metallic ones and never had an issue since...
Search for "02-07 Jeep Liberty 4 Piece Set of Front & Rear Power Window Regulator Repair Kit" on ebay (replaced only the plastic part)...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online