New Member question about front drive shaft in 2007 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Friar

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new member from Alberta. I recently removed the front driveshaft of our 2007 Jeep Liberty because the rear bearing was making a loud clunking noise at slow speeds. Now I want to put the shaft back on since winter is coming and I want 4WD. So I have removed the bad bearing from the shaft, at the rear (transfer case) end of the shaft. I hope to order a new bearing and install it. But I noticed some grease coming out of one of the bolt holes at the front end of the shaft. My question is: Does anything go wrong with the front end of this shaft? The front end feels like it's OK.

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems that because it was left in the removed state, the internal seal was not crimped and it just seeped out.
I think it's okay if you install it.
If too much grease comes out, you will need to add more grease.
There is a possibility that grease may be temporarily spread after installation, so you may need to clean it after riding for about a week.