Power Steering and Lube Guard Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshg678

Reaction score
We have a 2007 Liberty Limited.
It has 150k on it.
I am going to change the power steering fluid(ATF+4) this weekend and had a question about Lube Guard.
I went to Carquest and i could only find the Lube Guard for transmissions with ATF+4 ( I plan to put into trans too) but i could not Find the one for Power Steering units which i have seen recommended on here. It seems CarQuest doesn't sell it at my locations.

What i was wondering is if i should use use LG for ATF+4 or would it be a bad idea to add that into the Power Steering Fluid?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
We've used Lube Gaurd in our power steering system and it sure does quiet things down.
I don't recall off hand which product it was as a fellow KJ owner provided it for our Rig.
But seeing that the power steering system uses ATF+4 ****** fluid as well it was probably the same as what gets used in the transmission.

joshg678

Reaction score
was it a Yellow or Red Container? Yellow Apparently is the P/S additive

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Lube Gard link: LUBEGARD Power Steering Fluid to power steering fluid is yellow in smaller bottle or available in 32 oz which is what I use. For the first application I simply suction out the power steering reservoir and re fill with LubeGArd power steering fluid.
For subsequent changes, I use 50 % LubGard & 50 % ATF + 4.
43641[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

It will quieten down the PS (excellent lubrication)& offer better cold operation with less stiffness.
is synthetic and safely mixes well with ATF+4 which also is a synthetic

Attachments

• LubeGardandATF.jpg
    LubeGardandATF.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Lube Gard link: LUBEGARD Power Steering Fluid to power steering fluid is yellow in smaller bottle or available in 32 oz which is what I use. For the first application I simply suction out the power steering reservoir and re fill with LubeGArd power steering fluid.
For subsequent changes, I use 50 % LubGard & 50 % ATF + 4.
43646[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

It will quieten down the PS (excellent lubrication)& offer better cold operation with less stiffness.
is synthetic and safely mixes well with ATF+4 which also is a synthetic

Great to see you around again, Tim!

I need to flush my PS system and was wondering which fluids you had used. Got my answer so this project can be checked off my list.

Good timing Tim! :party52:

Bob

Attachments

• LubeGardandATF.jpg
    LubeGardandATF.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0

joshg678

Reaction score
I will have to go there again and see if i can find it. I think Carquest is the only place around here the sells LG products, and i can't seem to find the Power Steering additive.

Thanks LibertyTC.

Members online