Quality Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrederGa

Reaction score
What are the best brands when buying Axels/seals/ball joints......Thanks

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog is probably the best ball joint.
Axles, depends what parts you need.
Seals, loads of quality suppliers.

With all avoid cheap unknown Chinese junk, it may be a nice price but changing the same parts every year soon gets annoying!

FrederGa

Reaction score
Is my daughters KJ. Had/has knock in front end. When I drove it out to where my buddy has a hoist it never made a sound. Up until yesterday it was knocking bad at low speeds sounded like the passenger front. Ball joints are fine.
Also has a gas leak on one of injectors, needs break pads. and rear sway bar the boomerang looking thing. Breaks i replaced when I first bought KJ, so these ones only have about 60 to 70thsnd K on them. Probably going to change the CV Axles seems like the only thing that makes sense. Everything else appears to be tight?
Some brands I'm coming across are; TrakMotive / Mog / Dorman. Breaks; Perfect Stop / Bosch. Rear cntrl Arm with Ball Joint; Dorman / MecPherson / MevOTech / Dorman.

Any of these Brands of poor quality that you know of?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch and Moog are quality, I'm not in the US so the other brands I don't know.
Front end knocks are usually ball joints or anti rollbar mounts. Mine had a bad knock from a loose upper wishbone bolt, the previous owner had just changed them before I bought it, guess that one didn't get torqued!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CVs: Napa reman seem to be the best, new ones can be the wrong length
Ball joints: Moog is good
Rear upper control arm: they're all junk except Mopar, pick the one that's easiest to warranty
Seals: they're all okay I think from a known brand