Rear drum brakes locking up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjsjeep

Reaction score
Hello all, I just wanted to post my experience with my 2002 nas Liberty to help others who might need it. Picked up my Jeep with 120K recently and the brakes were very touchy/grabby so I started replacing stuff bc it was due anyway. Started with master cylinder, front calipers, pads, soft brake lines and fluid flush. Better, but the rear brakes were still locking up with moderate pedal pressure. The rear shoes were new-ish so I just backed off the adjusters a little with no improvement.
Replaced the (one) soft brake line to the rear brakes and bled, and that did the trick. Normal brakes now. I've seen other threads about this issue where this wasn't suggested, so I thought I'd share. I've had issues on other vehicles with soft brake lines where they were affected by the moisture in old brake fluid, so this tracks.

Sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong section. SB KJ. Not sure how to move it. Can a moderator help?