Anybody replace their sway bar bushing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I think mine needs to be replaced, because I am getting lots of squeaks from the front end... I was looking at a daystar Polyurethane bushing to replace it.. Does anybody have any expierence with this bushing?

Found the bushing over at performancecenter.com for 25 bucks.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is what my bushing look like right now... (white stuff is grease) but they look just smushed to one side..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Also I just ordered all new shocks (ranchos RSX's), so I will be taking apart the entire suspension soon.

Thanks,
Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention I have the rusty's lift 2.5 spring setup on here.

Yea I read somewhere that the daystars can squeak or something... Most likely my stock ones are filthy inside and could use lithium grease.

but as long as I am taking the suspension all apart, I am just wondering if I should just put new ones in, either rubber or poly..

right now I have this creak noise over any bump in the road, kind of annoying.

Bennett

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the creak noise seem to go away once things have limbered up or does it do it all the time? If it disappears then its probably temperature related, if it does it all the time then replacement will probably help. And as you say, since you are going to be taking the suspension apart, why not do it now?

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squeaky Joints

pixeldzn said:
I have heard they can squeak really bad, especially in cold temperatures.

Yup, mine squeak more the colder it gets up here, front and rear.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
December 2004: Sway Bar Bushings squeak. It annoys me, so I get them fixed. New bushings and grease fix the problem.
December 2005: Sway Bar Bushings squeak. It annoys me, but since I obviously can't do anything about it, I just let it go. It's just going to keep coming back.

Well, that's my story. :)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Well last night I took the tire off and sprayed everything up again... I thought it was coming from the bushing, but I believe it is coming from inside the drivers side front shock. Kinda weird.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have daystar swaybar bushes up front. They do sqeak a bit, but not as badly as I was told. I re-installed mine with copper slip and the're loads better now.

Ian