Solenoid limp mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
Just bought my first jeep . 2006 renegade 3.7. Been working on it for a friend of mine and he got frustrated with it and bailed on it for cheap. Problem is I'm not sure what the problem is. Went into limp mode, check engine light said solenoid so I replaced it and same thing. Took it to a trans shop and they said electrical and wouldn't touch it. Brain??? He did have new tires put on the front that don't look like they match the rears.does this matter on these?

Last edited:

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
He also had a used brain flashed and installed by the dealer 6 months prior.

Tjsteeb

Reaction score
The codes he had got was p1745 line pressure too high too long and p0700 transmission fault code. He took it to the dealer for a full diagnostics and they said it was shift solenoid a. So he had the solenoid replaced with a reman and it's still in limp mode. I bought it and took it to a trans shop they said trans is good has to be electrical. I have not checked the codes sense I've had it.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the line pressure was too high for too long I would suspect a pressure control solenoid before a shift solenoid but I am a long time GM guy. You might want to get access to a Service Manual and see how the transmission solenoids are wired- GM had 12v to every solenoid at all times and the control module just provided ground to the ones it needed. Then you could have some wear in the valve body