Tell me one of these will fit KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, I thought because of limited transmission due to Steel/Aluminum difference. I think the wheels I have are aluminum (Blake!?) and these wheels are Steel, right? Maybe it will block transmission of the signals to the EVIC. What do you think?

It's a damn shame DEJs don't come in my size, I am furious! However this one above also looks good, and it is cheaper. I found bigwheels.net to have very good selection and compatibility guide. Let me tell you, if TPM won't work, forget about any new wheels.. I already lost my steering wheel controls to the new HU, I don't want to lose TPM.. otherwise I could have gotten a sport!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought your stock wheels were aluminum. Check your build sheet and your original window sticker if you have it to see what it says. Yours are optional wheels I think. If so, it should say what they are. For example, my window sticker shows "17x7.0 Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels" and it says the same on my build sheet.

Yes, the Cragers I mentioned are steel.

And, yes you need to be sure the TPM's will work with the new rims. If you can find a local place that sells rims/tires you could talk to them. They should know as they deal with this all the time. This will turn out to be even more expensive buying and having TPM's put in the new rims. That's one of the reasons I stuck with my rims instead of going to 16's for better tire choices.

As to the steering wheel radio controls, I really like mine and will keep the stock radio in mine. I wonder if there's any way you can get yours back with your new HU?

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought your stock wheels were aluminum.

Yes, that's what I mentioned above, I have WGWP 17" Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels, and I think ARCs are steel? Right?

As to the steering wheel radio controls, I really like mine and will keep the stock radio in mine. I wonder if there's any way you can get yours back with your new HU?

Dave

Yes there is a way, but it involves somewhat complicated installation and a tiny bit of delay in operation and a bill of $70. JeepJeepster did it, you can ask him how he likes the interface. So, since my new HU came with remote I just keep it in my cup holder and use that.