07 project, rear end swap done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowstorm556

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update to my project for anyone doing and 07 rear diff swap. The nickname rotbox liberty as the rockers are gone the oil and ****** pan are getting there Newengland. But for anyone attempting to swap out rear ends it can be completed with 2 3-1/2 ton jacks a bottle jack and a piece of cut wood from the backyard (incase you dont have a ****** jack) its poo doing it the wrong way but it is possible with patience a friend and beer. This things not going to the junkyard yet. I’d like to be able to eventually “legally” drive it on the road again but it will be a woods truck for now. I havent had much time for it but now that it actually moves under its own power again its given me some ambition.

I hope this is the right page for this. Just wanted to keep a documentation on my progress slowly even though it looks rough it might inspire people.

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2692.jpeg
    IMG_2692.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Snowstorm556

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update to my project for anyone doing and 07 rear diff swap. The nickname rotbox liberty as the rockers are gone the oil and ****** pan are getting there Newengland. But for anyone attempting to swap out rear ends it can be completed with 2 3-1/2 ton jacks a bottle jack and a piece of cut wood from the backyard (incase you dont have a ****** jack) it ***** doing it the wrong way but it is possible with patience a friend and beer. This things not going to the junkyard yet. I’d like to be able to eventually “legally” drive it on the road again but it will be a woods truck for now. I havent had much time for it but now that it actually moves under its own power again its given me some ambition.
The bleeped out words are transmission. I shortened it it didnt like it.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The word blocker on here is nuts!

I think all the KJ's in salty places have been bitten by the rust bug! I've spent hours welding mine up!

Snowstorm556

Reaction score

I think all the KJ's in salty places have been bitten by the rust bug! I've spent hours welding mine up!
Yeah i gotta completely redesign the rockers but it would probably be better than what chrysler slapped on in 07.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Apparently "nuts" is an acceptable term, but the shortened version of transmission is not?:rolleyes:

jimbobwa

Reaction score
I've done my rockers 3 times... it's an 03 and we live in Wisconsin

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-27-10-53-49-650_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-27-10-53-49-650_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 3

Dstangline

Reaction score
Wd40 in the rockers, in the bottom of the doors have kept my 2006 just about rust free. I’m in north east PA.