2007 Jeep Liberty PCM/ECM Vendors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pparker900

Reaction score
Hi Folks; I'm new to this forum but know that PCM/ECM's have been discussed quite a bit. There hasn't, however, been much discussion about good vendors who sell a reliable, quality replacement module. I've looked all over the web and have found many vendors, and have found a lot of disparaging comments about each of them, which has brought me to this site, where the actual users with experience are.

I'm looking for a plug & play replacement module for my 2007 Jeep Liberty. Vendors I have looked into are Flagship 1, Autozone, Car Computer Exchange, Solopcms, Flashmasters, O-Riley's and a few others I cannot recall.

Does anyone have experience with a vendor who sells reliable, quality PCM units?

Thanks in advance, Pat

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks; I'm new to this forum but know that PCM/ECM's have been discussed quite a bit. There hasn't, however, been much discussion about good vendors who sell a reliable, quality replacement module. I've looked all over the web and have found many vendors, and have found a lot of disparaging comments about each of them, which has brought me to this site, where the actual users with experience are.

I'm looking for a plug & play replacement module for my 2007 Jeep Liberty. Vendors I have looked into are Flagship 1, Autozone, Car Computer Exchange, Solopcms, Flashmasters, O-Riley's and a few others I cannot recall.

Does anyone have experience with a vendor who sells reliable, quality PCM units?

Thanks in advance, Pat
Pat - How about some detail as to why you are led to replace the PCM?

Always curious, as once I spent 400 or so on a computer for a gen 2 dakota that would not run. The new computer did nothing either. Long story, but there was a link, in the harness, below the battery that corroded and separated. No ground to the computer - no run for the truck. These dang things switch the ground on and off ( so grounded or float) for PCM functions.

Whatzit doin to ya?

Btw - the forum search leaves much to be desired. Google-fu is better! Ie - Site:jeepkj.com PCM replacement

pparker900

Reaction score

Always curious, as once I spent 400 or so on a computer for a gen 2 dakota that would not run. The new computer did nothing either. Long story, but there was a link, in the harness, below the battery that corroded and separated. No ground to the computer - no run for the truck. These dang things switch the ground on and off ( so grounded or float) for PCM functions.

Whatzit doin to ya?

Btw - the forum search leaves much to be desired. Google-fu is better! Ie - Site:jeepkj.com PCM replacement
Well, I am the original owner of this 2007 Jeep Liberty (has ~80k mikes on it). Recently, the "check engine" came on. I took it to a local, highly recommended shop that has a Jeep expert. They scanned the computer and it spit up a U1403 error code, which of course, is vague and basically meaningless. At that time, there were no other symptoms. So, I asked them to reset it and get rid of the code/check engine light. I was driving it the next day, the Check Engine light reappeard and while making a left turn into traffic, the engine tried very hard to stall and subsequently did some weird/troubled shifting (it's an automatic transmission). So, I brought it back to the shop, explained and what happened. They kept it for awhile, drove it (put 100mi on it) and found nothing, So, the problem is not gone. I googled a bunch of sites on this/these issues and most said it was the ECM/PCM. I'm not going to continue to drive it without making some kind of repair as it is dangerous - especially if it stalls again in the winter. So, I can spend $400 and replace the ECM/PCM myself *but* finding a recommended replacement unit is difficult, which is why I came to this site.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I am the original owner of this 2007 Jeep Liberty (has ~80k mikes on it). Recently, the "check engine" came on. I took it to a local, highly recommended shop that has a Jeep expert. They scanned the computer and it spit up a U1403 error code, which of course, is vague and basically meaningless. At that time, there were no other symptoms. So, I asked them to reset it and get rid of the code/check engine light. I was driving it the next day, the Check Engine light reappeard and while making a left turn into traffic, the engine tried very hard to stall and subsequently did some weird/troubled shifting (it's an automatic transmission). So, I brought it back to the shop, explained and what happened. They kept it for awhile, drove it (put 100mi on it) and found nothing, So, the problem is not gone. I googled a bunch of sites on this/these issues and most said it was the ECM/PCM. I'm not going to continue to drive it without making some kind of repair as it is dangerous - especially if it stalls again in the winter. So, I can spend $400 and replace the ECM/PCM myself *but* finding a recommended replacement unit is difficult, which is why I came to this site.
Cool!

Let’s get a fuel pressure gage on this jeep and see what you have. Low FP will cause stalling and unfortunately sometimes fuel pumps will fail intermittently instead of all or nothing.

On a jeep that has been sitting awhile, you should still have pressure on the rail - it is a schrader fitting that a gage screws onto. Curious to see if there is any pressure before you turn the key. If no, it is pointing to a bad fuel pump.

onebadkj

Reaction score

Whatzit doin to ya?

I recommend Flagship1, just got one from them about a month ago after a lot of electrical issues tied to fuel injection and transmission shifting. Customer service was great and unit was plug and play with vehicle VIN number.

pparker900

Reaction score
I recommend Flagship1, just got one from them about a month ago after a lot of electrical issues tied to fuel injection and transmission shifting. Customer service was great and unit was plug and play with vehicle VIN number.
Did you need to provide mileage as well? I see that as a requirement on some sites but not others and have no idea why that is or isn't required - do you know?

Members online