2012 liberty electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylanbar2287

Reaction score
Hey, any help would be appreciated. I feel like I’ve exhausted all options. I replaced the water pump in my 2012 liberty sport 4wd yesterday. Got eveything hooked back up including the battery and now the multifunction switch and windshield wiper controls do not work. Headlights won’t turn on, interior lights and horn also won’t work. I’ve traced all wires checked every harness and ground and tried to replaced the multifunction switch and nothing’s working. Fuses are fine as well. Any idea what this may be???

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird!

Disconnect the water pump, check all fuses under the hood and inside the cabin and on the junction block...internal fuse panel. The reverse side of fuse panel may have circuit breakers on its rear side.

Check the connectors on the BCM on the junction block are on firmly as most of these functions are controlled by the BCM.

You would need to try find wiring diagrams for your 2012 KK online to be able to track this down.

May be problems with the CAN Bus...check if any codes have been logged.

Dylanbar2287

Reaction score
Just replaced the tipm today with an exact part from the junkyard. Everything I look up was pointing to that. Last night the Jeep wouldn’t start and had no headlights. Now Jeep starts and has headlights finally but still no power to controls on steering wheel or multifunction switch’s for turn signals and wiper blades. Did the 12 second reset and made sure to drain the solenoid overnight last night before installing new tipm. Anything else anyone can recommend or should I just go to dealer for a reprogram?