Aluminum Coolant Overflow Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, like the plastic yellowed and stained, not somthing cleanable

FYI — I did my own version of this … but using a pressure washer as well, AFTER removing the tank from the KJ.

That said, Ill bet you could avoid at least some of the silly mad dancing part by using an ultrasonic toothbrush…just dont be like me and put it back on the counter for the wife to use….she'll know for sure ;)

Last edited:

burntkat

Reaction score
Fwiw, my thoughts on the aluminum unit...
Not only no, but hell no.
The unit pictured... I just don't see any way it would fit in the factory location.
It looks as though it may have a sight glass. That's OK... If it doesn't leak.
There's a lot of these cheap aluminum tanks and radiators coming out of China. They are poorly constructed, 'but hey, warranty'.. OK. Can you afford to have your vehicle sit for 3 months or more while your unit is returned, inspected, and if they agree it is bad, they wait for the next container to come from China? I speak from experience. I bought one for my 97 Tacoma. Let's just say, there's a reason it now has a factory replacement unit instead.

The argument regarding fit can be argued by saying the Pic isn't of the actual unit. That alone is a red flag.

Your vehicle, your money. Good luck. I've already been this route. There's really nothing wrong with a good quality stock plastic unit. Now, the location? That's just an idiotic idea.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
Have you TRIED?
While I grant it won't look brand new, you'd be surprised what some soap and water can do
well we threw it away when we replaced it the first time and we replaced it with cheap crap that doesn't work properly

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
Fwiw, my thoughts on the aluminum unit...
Not only no, but hell no.
The unit pictured... I just don't see any way it would fit in the factory location.
It looks as though it may have a sight glass. That's OK... If it doesn't leak.
There's a lot of these cheap aluminum tanks and radiators coming out of China. They are poorly constructed, 'but hey, warranty'.. OK. Can you afford to have your vehicle sit for 3 months or more while your unit is returned, inspected, and if they agree it is bad, they wait for the next container to come from China? I speak from experience. I bought one for my 97 Tacoma. Let's just say, there's a reason it now has a factory replacement unit instead.

The argument regarding fit can be argued by saying the Pic isn't of the actual unit. That alone is a red flag.

Your vehicle, your money. Good luck. I've already been this route. There's really nothing wrong with a good quality stock plastic unit. Now, the location? That's just an idiotic idea.
yeah, figured that since not many people selling there's a good reason, just ended up getting a replacement from a reputable brand instead of just the cheapest piece of Chinese garbage

Latest posts

Members online