Can I Fit ANY 4.10 Gears by Just Adding ANY Steel Dana 30 Carrier into the Dana 30a “Super”?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggrjordan

Reaction score
Hi, guys. First time posting here. Just like I wrote in the title.

1. I want to regear to 4.10 but since I can’t find the specific Dana 30a ring and pinion set, questions arose. Could I get away with this?

2. Also, I see some of them with the tag “tall carrier case” while others don’t say it. Are they different? Which one should I get?

3. If I can get away with this, will the master install kit for the front Dana 30a super fit both the standard Dana 30 and standard 4.10 gear set?

Can’t wait to regear. I’m averaging 15.5mpg on hilly highways. Thats with mud terrains that weigh around 50lbs each, wheel included, and a 140lbs rooftop tent. All maintenance done.

Thanks!

———————————————
Liberty KJ 2002 3.7 Limited.
Tow Package.
1.5in Ironman Lift Kit.
245/75/16 Mud Terrains
Speedo and Wheel Ratio Calibrated.
45RFE Transmission.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you need specific Dana 30A r&p and pinion bearings for the KJ. The pinion is fatter. I'm not sure if the carrier bearings OD is different.

The differential case itself is shared with other Dana 30 variants. There are 2 versions of this, one for 3.54 (and less) ratios, and one for 3.73+ ratios.