Check Engine light due to a bad Cat 06 Kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
On 2015 I got a 06 Kj export version here in Venezuela. There are not any emission control over here but there is only thing bordering me.... The check engine light.
As I have the American software the light is present, most of the kj here have a software with no emission control, so as they were armed under Ckd basis they don't even have a cat.
My question is, If I find a dealer with the original Jeep scanner, Can this light be removed from MIL?
I would love to remove it due to reasons:
1. To skip that stupid dash light
2. To know when there is really a problems with another anomaly present that makes the check engine light flashes

Any suggestion?

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume it's a V6? If you have the ECU setup to expect a cat and all the lambda probes then it's not going to be happy if they are not fitted and working, I doubt it will be running properly because it will be unable to trim the fuel without feedback from the O2 sensors.
I'm fairly sure the standard jeep scanner won't be able to remove them from the programme, it's a diagnostic and reset tool.
However if you can find someone who remaps ECUs they may be able to help, by mapping out the cat and the two downstream sensors, or flashing the programme from a local Jeep to your ECU.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a V6. Thanks for your comments. I will do my research in finding someone who can act over the pcm.