Engine Performance Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the word "Drift" is here.

Rest in peace Ken Block.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For drifting,
Strong brakes and knuckles that allow for large steering angles are also likely to be needed.

If you remove the drum brake, you will no longer be able to use the parking brake as a trigger for drifting.
If you have MT, you can manage without it.

One of the sticks that Ken Block operates is the parking brake.

That being said, if you want to maintain your drift angle for a long time, you will also need tires that will skid or power that will keep you sliding.

With the performance chip, it seems possible to increase the output by about 15%.

Turbo sounds interesting.
If you ask the shop, it will probably be done right away.
An output increase of about 25% is expected.

In Japan, it is often considered a virtue to drift from the entrance of a corner.

Auzteeboi

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the word "Drift" is here.

Rest in peace Ken Block.

For drifting,
Strong brakes and knuckles that allow for large steering angles are also likely to be needed.

If you remove the drum brake, you will no longer be able to use the parking brake as a trigger for drifting.
If you have MT, you can manage without it.

One of the sticks that Ken Block operates is the parking brake.

That being said, if you want to maintain your drift angle for a long time, you will also need tires that will skid or power that will keep you sliding.

With the performance chip, it seems possible to increase the output by about 15%.

Turbo sounds interesting.
If you ask the shop, it will probably be done right away.
An output increase of about 25% is expected.

In Japan, it is often considered a virtue to drift from the entrance of a corner.

I see what you mean by drift, but for my drifting like you showed the initial D clip I usually just let the weight send it or initiate by braking drift, never touch the ebrake bc Ik well it would snap under pressure (happened to my dads Jetta) The reason I say drift is that since its 4wd and its going 80mph+ through corners all wheels are indeed spinning, I'm hitting 4 wheel drifts. My Most impressive feat in the Jeep is still 100mph consecutively through every corner that was hard and was only cause I had some balding street tires lol Got some chonky off-roaders rn. I'd love a manual, the only thing is ik that these manuals aren't the most amazing especially for what I have in mind. I plan to do a sunroof delete too to reduce the top end weight as well as delete the wheel brace on the tailgate. For right now since I'm kinda in a special case scenario, like I said 2002 LE it has just over 100k on odo I put around 20k now. I wanna put about 50k more work on technique more, I could push more through corners but I like to stay in my lane, also need alignment and new rear control arms they og and clapped af. I cannot find anything performance wise for this engine which makes me a little sad, however I did find a gnarly engine balance so theirs a start for the 3.7. I think I'll go with the v8 soon, as well I'm working out weight distribution in the Jeep I took out the rear seat and set my tools lower where the rear passengers feet would go for a lower center of gravity, she definitely wanna swing more after that. I need bucket seats as well, something to keep me planted bc putting my foot on the foot rest for support kill my leg bc it ****** up from military. Axel I'm not too happy with, as far as I'm aware XJ axels are a possible conversion but I also thought a gnarly dually axel would be dope and unique, I'd definitely have to customize the body to fit but I think it'd be cool and ik the axel would last. The only reason I say no to a Hydraulic ebrake like our boy Ken Block (may he rest in peace) is because for 200hp its just not enough bc then I'd absolutely just have to mash the gas 24/7. This been a difficult project and to be honest I'm just grateful I found people on here willing to hear me out about the project, nobody thinks it can be done but I've won too many races to let the bs get to me so I appreciate you very much this is awesome and I love all of you on here, truly from the bottom of my heart thank you.

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your new challenge is very fresh here.

How much did you lower the car height?
It looks like a general-purpose spring will fit in the front,
The short rear springs are only sold with about 30mm down, so
It may be better to have it custom made.

It might be better to lower the outer diameter of the tires to around 680mm.
To get the powerband in third gear 80mph.

It is also possible to lock up 3rd gear using a speed sensing relay.

Do some research.

1800bigk

Reaction score
Engine swap and be done

Attachments

• IMG_9228.jpeg
    IMG_9228.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9229.jpeg
    IMG_9229.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 8