Gas tank explosions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell we used to play man hunt and hunt down one of our friends with pellet guns loaded with 20 or so BB's!
Safety glasses?
Those cost money!
We used what little money we had for ammo and CO2 cartridges!
I also grew up on a dairy farm drinking real milk instead of that pasturized crap.
Yup, had the lawn darts as well.
Got some scares left over from them as well. I guess that explains the brain damage!:D
I got a BB sized scare in the middle of my forhead from being shot point blank by a Daisy Eagle BB gun(now illegal).We had a 1 pump rule but never cared,those Daisy's had more muzzle volicity at 20 pumps then a 22LR.When I got hit in the forhead I pumped 13 piercing pellets into my buddies leg so we both went to the emergency room:happy175::happy175::happy175:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^you guys are "dangerous"...........haha

Dave

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
You won't. It's one of those things that can only happen when there are a whole series of things going wrong in a very small time frame. The KJ fuel tank is plastic (asis the case with most modern vehicles), so if there is a VERY substantial rear impact, it may rupture. Actually, its less likely to rupture than a steel tank - mostly it just deforms.

Petrol doesn't explode, as you see it on tv and films. Many years ago I was on a course (paid for by Her Majesty's Government) and just for a laugh, a couple of us stuck 8oz of C4 under the target car's fuel tank, trotted back about 50 yards and then hit the remote. There was an almighty bang when the C4 detonated, but rather than a huge wallop as the fuel tank detonated with immediate and impressive flames(as they always do in films) we simply got showered in petrol. Now - if someone had then struck a match and ignited the vapour that came off our soaked clothes - it would not have been a barrel of laughs.

Google/search news sites for accidents of this kind - very rare.

My boy and his buddies do this foir a livin,he says use diesel cause it burns and you don't set yourself on fire or have to clean up a bunch of stuff.