Lift kits and IFS parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I've been reading about alot of different upgrades regarding the suspension of a jeep liberty with the cvs and control arm upgrades. I'm curious how much lift you can get out of the IFS if you go all out and upgrade all the control arms, cvs, etc. I would like to get at least 4 inches of lift and also improve the travel in my suspension and possible be able to squeeze in bigger tires. I would like to figure out just what it will take to get better articulation and lift so that I can decide on if I am going to regear without changing IFS to SFA or if it is best to just swap to SFA rather than mess with trying to get more lift out of the IFS.
FYI, I don't care how much work it will take to do the upgrades or anything, I'm going to Auto School and am figuring out what upgrades I can do to my jeep.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
holy crap that is alot of time XD
Idk if I wan't to go that in depth and keep it as IFS, I'm hoping it could be possible to get around a 5-6 inch lift but it sounds like stuff isn't made for the KJs anymore to do that so I'm kinda looking at what my options are to get as close to that as I can, I've heard of 4.5 inch lifts, but am just unsure what parts are needed including the cvs, control arms, etc.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I'm attempting to see how close to 33 inch tires I could fit, I'd love to run at least 33s but even that sounds like it won't be possible anymore due to parts not being made

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A man installed a 33-inch tire with just a 2-inch lift.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
I've been reading about alot of different upgrades regarding the suspension of a jeep liberty with the cvs and control arm upgrades. I'm curious how much lift you can get out of the IFS if you go all out and upgrade all the control arms, cvs, etc. I would like to get at least 4 inches of lift and also improve the travel in my suspension and possible be able to squeeze in bigger tires. I would like to figure out just what it will take to get better articulation and lift so that I can decide on if I am going to regear without changing IFS to SFA or if it is best to just swap to SFA rather than mess with trying to get more lift out of the IFS.
FYI, I don't care how much work it will take to do the upgrades or anything, I'm going to Auto School and am figuring out what upgrades I can do to my jeep.
how well can you weld?

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
yeah I figured, the more I look the more I see all the aftermarket parts just aren't there anymore for the Libertys

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
yeah I figured, the more I look the more I see all the aftermarket parts just aren't there anymore for the Libertys
Best to my knowledge there never was any thing larger than 4" lifts mainly because you have to relocate the upper control arm and then it's minimum 8¾" lift to 12 inches it is a pain especially when you get to relocate the the steering and length en the shaft from the steering wheel to the steering gear and range the mount and keep it from binding on the manifold. you will need access to an end mill and lathe. You will want to learn steering geometry and suspension geometry because you will run in to issues with the scratch pad and odds and ends of things that aren't commonly known.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
Best to my knowledge there never was any thing larger than 4" lifts mainly because you have to relocate the upper control arm and then it's minimum 8¾" lift to 12 inches it is a pain especially when you get to relocate the the steering and length en the shaft from the steering wheel to the steering gear and range the mount and keep it from binding on the manifold. you will need access to an end mill and lathe. You will want to learn steering geometry and suspension geometry because you will run in to issues with the scratch pad and odds and ends of things that aren't commonly known.
I've heard jba used to seel 6 inch lifts but they have been discontinued

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
if they did I never seen one and don't know how they accomplished it without relocation of the uper control arms and the cv axle and angles won't allow more than 4 inches and even at 4 inches your flirting with disaster and better enjoying changing cv joints unless they build a drop down bracket for the front differential and risers for the steering to correct the geometry to keep from having horrible bump steer

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
if they did I never seen one and don't know how they accomplished it without relocation of the uper control arms and the cv axle and angles won't allow more than 4 inches and even at 4 inches your flirting with disaster and better enjoying changing cv joints unless they build a drop down bracket for the front differential and risers for the steering to correct the geometry to keep from having horrible bump steer
the tie rods needed the same angle as the cv axles

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
the front suspension isnt the biggest problem actually isn't the hardest issue to address either the rear suspension is where my biggest issues were coming up with a disign that would function and hold is the biggest trick. So I found out after the fact I was breaking 1¼ high pressure pipeline flange bolts and rolling the rear end out of it a couple times. I was forced to put a center drag link /track bar in it. Something I was trying to avoid. but it worked never the less.

Members online

No members online now.