3-5 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I don’t know how far down the rabbit hole you’ve travelled… but lifting does not necessarily equal better articulation.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I have this guys brain bookmarked :)
No it’s not Jeep ;) but the IFS is generally equivalent.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
Sadly she rusted to pieces in 2016… RIP

I think I went through 2 sets (not extended) and rebuilt one… in the ~5 yrs I actually used it off-road. Not horrible but I would have rather not .. lol.

That’s why on my next IFS lift I actually used my head instead of my heart. ;)
that isn't bad, though if the same thing happens with the extended travel ones it get expensive, they are like triple the price of a normal cv. there are also the JBA upper control arms that help improve stuff as well.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I don’t know how far down the rabbit hole you’ve travelled… but lifting does not necessarily equal better articulation.
yeah I know, that's why I'm looking at doing an actual spring lift rather than just blocks and the extended travel cv axles with the JBA UCAs give better articulation, I'm not sure what else I can do other than that, but I'm sure there might be more.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
yeah I know, that's why I'm looking at doing an actual spring lift rather than just blocks and the extended travel cv axles with the JBA UCAs give better articulation, I'm not sure what else I can do other than that, but I'm sure there might be more.
also strut spacers don't compress the springs they just move the whole assembly down rather than force spring compression

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with the CVs, but I did drop the cradle 3/4" to help things out.