My rocky road lift experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Main thing is to not confuse newbies who stumble on this site and want a lift, suddenly they see OME, ARB etc and think there are many brands
It has happened in the past

bjohnson3827

Reaction score
Main thing is to not confuse newbies who stumble on this site and want a lift, suddenly they see OME, ARB etc and think there are many brands
It has happened in the past

So I looked at my order form and they are OME struts up front but I'm not sure if they are 926 or 927 springs. The struts (lift in genersl) maybe has a total of 15,000 miles on them and that's on the highend over the past few years.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Tom looks like you can help OP from here

Don’t want to confuse anyone

bjohnson3827

Reaction score
So I'm working on getting approval but I need some clarification.

I should get the 2927 ome springs along with the 90009 strut/shock if I were to buy the whole assembly correct?

I should not remove my current spring and replace it even though the strut only has about 15 to 20 thousand miles correct. I'm just trying to cover my expenses before I make the purchase.

Last edited:

bjohnson3827

Reaction score
correct "strut" shock/strut potato patato i know i called it the wrong part name. Its like how many people say "clevis" so it rhymes with beavis? or cla veece like its french, or klev-is - tom please clear that one up once and for all who's right on that...
Not recommending OP to use 100k OEM worn shocks but wanted to know what shocks he was currently using and then, maybe if they were of a quality aftermarket brand, pair that with a decent set of springs,, given again there isnt a crap ton of miles on them.
I got box here from ARB that my Old Man Emu springs just arrived in, again, googling either brings you to the same point - it was just what was on the tip of my brain at the moment. Again, Tom you are correct , as inside the ARB box is the Old Man Emu branded box containing the springs...
https://www.arbusa.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/jeepLibertyKJ.pdf

I mentioned here before that in 2017 I installed OME shocks paired with 927s using 1/4" clevis spacer and 1/4" top plate spacer and currently 2019 shes sitting with a rake.
My 2003 i installed everything the same in 2018 but used bilstein and that one is sitting higher in the front and needed an extra isolator for the rear spring to level it out.

Currently Im in a similar spot as OP with the front sagging but unsure of what brand his components are.
I got another set of 927's here but its a bad idea to re use my OME shocks from 2017? if thats the case Tom I also have an extra set of brand new Bilsteins sitting here as well.....
Would you be willing to sell your 927s? Possibly the shocks also?

TheLoneWolfe1776

Reaction score
Hey ***Tommudd*** I know this is an old thread, but the wifey got a 2010 Jeep Liberty and next year I'm planning on a lift and new tires and maybe wheels. Ive read ALLOT of threads on this and you seem to be the resident expert. I was looking at the Rockfather Deluxe Kit now bc their CS has improved drastically over the last year, but I remember you telling someone else they could do better. So would you mind sharing what parts you would get and from where to do a 3" lift, and what tires and wheels you would recommend? Thanks in advance.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ***Tommudd*** I know this is an old thread, but the wifey got a 2010 Jeep Liberty and next year I'm planning on a lift and new tires and maybe wheels. Ive read ALLOT of threads on this and you seem to be the resident expert. I was looking at the Rockfather Deluxe Kit now bc their CS has improved drastically over the last year, but I remember you telling someone else they could do better. So would you mind sharing what parts you would get and from where to do a 3" lift, and what tires and wheels you would recommend? Thanks in advance.
Tom's preferred list is on here many times over, and may even be a sticky post somewhere. He has not been active for some time now. Moved on to other projects, i suppose.

I don't know anything about lifts. just did not want you hanging thinking you were not being seen/heard. Good luck on the hunt. BTW - the forum search leaves a lot to be desired. Best to Google site:jeepkj.com lift kits kk - and see what pops up.

TheLoneWolfe1776

Reaction score
thanks man ill go hunting

Tom's preferred list is on here many times over, and may even be a sticky post somewhere. He has not been active for some time now. Moved on to other projects, i suppose.

I don't know anything about lifts. just did not want you hanging thinking you were not being seen/heard. Good luck on the hunt. BTW - the forum search leaves a lot to be desired. Best to Google site:jeepkj.com lift kits kk - and see what pops up.

Ramstrez

Reaction score
OME lift with JBA uca is the way to go, the ride improvement both off and on the street is amazing, i trail ride green and blue trails and it handles them well.

Gman4q2

Reaction score
Old Man Emu 2927 Coil Spring front, Old Man Emu 2948 Coil Spring rear.
Bilstein 24139168 Shock Absorber/Strut front, 2004 Dodge Dakota rear shocks for the rear.
2 extra spring insulators for the rear springs, 2-2" electrical conduit nuts for each strut/shock where it attaches to clevis for the front.
Jeep'n by Al (JBA) front upper control arms.

This will get you 3 to 3-1/2"

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another item you can use for lift is the KK clevis forks. They are a smidge longer.