NEW AC components, How much PAG oil goes in each?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhess5134

Reaction score
So i'm replacing all the AC components Except for the Evaporator, Suction and discharge lines (all three of those components will be flushed with solvent). My question is, How much PAG46 oil goes in the compressor? How much in the condensor? How much in the accumulator?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'm replacing all the AC components Except for the Evaporator, Suction and discharge lines (all three of those components will be flushed with solvent). My question is, How much PAG46 oil goes in the compressor? How much in the condensor? How much in the accumulator?
Howdy!

Best practice is to measure what runs out of what you are replacing. The total oil charge on KJ (02-07) is 8 ounces. There is oil all thru the system and what you put into each component does not stay there. It travels with the refrigerant.

Old rule of thumb is 2 ounces per evap, condenser, etc. but still a max of 8.

Why replacing all these items?

If it was a compressor failure with metal thru the system, better get the evaporater in there. A flush may not get all the carnage.

Are you replacing the receiver also? Any time you open the system for a longer period of time, you want to hang a new receiver / drier on the system.

It sounds like you are well on the way to a complete (mostly) overhaul.

Good luck and pull a good vacuum for an hour or so. Measure your charge going back in (about 26 ounces of 134 on my 06 KJ.