New to the 3.7 Jeep life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dhess5134

Reaction score
So this this the first time of ever owning a 3.7 V6. Kinda pissed at myself for even allowing it as the 4.0 straight six before it was far superior.....So far i've learned a few things about my 2007 KJ that I like and that I 100% despise. Top 3 likes....1.)its like a little golf cart, getting into those. not so easy parking spots, or parallel parking made easy, smaller garages that barely fit a normal size truck fits the jeep even better, last.....its pretty simple stupid to work on, decent room to get parts in and out (when avail.) ok those are the top 3 and honestly i dig this littel jeep more and more. Now of the top 3 things that push my patients thru the roof.....1.)Finding parts, since being discontinued finding certain parts can sometimes make me wanna pull my hair out, for instance when I wen to replace the intermidiate axel up front becase it was welded to the CV axel I was replacing I couldn't find one anywhere EXCEPET for the Greek Islands..yea, how and why I'll never understand. 2.Some of the engineering decisions are bass ackwards. read that again. Last, I feel like the engine is just way under powered for what it is and there isn't much room to boast it unless Your a Geardo. Here is my run down....

2007 KJ
- 3" wheel Spacers all around (little bit more aggressive stance)
-Viper Swap (4.7 Throttle body plug and play)
- CAI
-Liqui Moly 5W40 oil
-NGK RUnthinium Spark Plugs (holy Sh*t on the $$)
-New MAP sensor, Ambient air sens, knox sens, crank sen, cam pos sens, LED lights all around.

Ill get a picture later and post....All in All this thing is starting to grow on me, I just wish she had a little more giddy up to her gall up but i'll trade that for the the reliability its shown me so far. thanks,

jeepman1946

Reaction score
So this this the first time of ever owning a 3.7 V6. Kinda pissed at myself for even allowing it as the 4.0 straight six before it was far superior.....So far i've learned a few things about my 2007 KJ that I like and that I 100% despise. Top 3 likes....1.)its like a little golf cart, getting into those. not so easy parking spots, or parallel parking made easy, smaller garages that barely fit a normal size truck fits the jeep even better, last.....its pretty simple stupid to work on, decent room to get parts in and out (when avail.) ok those are the top 3 and honestly i dig this littel jeep more and more. Now of the top 3 things that push my patients thru the roof.....1.)Finding parts, since being discontinued finding certain parts can sometimes make me wanna pull my hair out, for instance when I wen to replace the intermidiate axel up front becase it was welded to the CV axel I was replacing I couldn't find one anywhere EXCEPET for the Greek Islands..yea, how and why I'll never understand. 2.Some of the engineering decisions are bass ackwards. read that again. Last, I feel like the engine is just way under powered for what it is and there isn't much room to boast it unless Your a Geardo. Here is my run down....

2007 KJ
- 3" wheel Spacers all around (little bit more aggressive stance)
-Viper Swap (4.7 Throttle body plug and play)
- CAI
-Liqui Moly 5W40 oil
-NGK RUnthinium Spark Plugs (holy Sh*t on the $$)
-New MAP sensor, Ambient air sens, knox sens, crank sen, cam pos sens, LED lights all around.

Ill get a picture later and post....All in All this thing is starting to grow on me, I just wish she had a little more giddy up to her gall up but i'll trade that for the the reliability its shown me so far. thanks,
The 3.7 does not make the low end torque of the venerable 4.0 so I'm sure you are missing that. My 2012 with the 3.7 does not seem to have good torque below 3,000 RPM. Right at 3K it feels like a turbo kicked in. Plus, the gearing is quite high I suppose to get some gas mileage but first gear will go all the way to 40 mph so first gear is much higher than would be ideal.