New whels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drakko05KJ

Reaction score
ok now i'm worried.

I went toa shop that just does Wheels and tires to see what size tire would fix a 17x9 wheel. they said 245/70/17 would work. I didnt think it would be safe so I left.

After I got the wheels I took it to another tire shop and had a 265/65/17 mounted on it to test rubbing. 1/4 turn and I was on the pinch weld and front bumper. They told me the only thing I could it to work was 245/65/17 so I left.

Went to pep boys to get a water pump and so they had a set of wildpeaks in stock so I asked about returning it if it rubbed to much and they said so long as I dont drive on it I can return it. So I had a 255/65/17 mounted.

When I was leaving I asked if I have to much rubbing what size would work and they told me 245/65/17 and wildpeak has that size.

I fitted the front wheel and so I had little rub on front bumper and pitch weld. I didnt plan on getting the wildpeak ATs but I have to say I like the looks of them.

If you guys are saying that a 235 is too small for an 8" rim what the hell would I need to get on a 9"? I looked up the specs of the wildpeak and they said for rims 7.5-9".

After reading this Im worried that 255 and even 265 is too small.

I got a great deal from a friend on the wheels and couldnt pass them up. 5 wheels for $500 that were new in the boxes.

BTW 235/65/17 is the stock tires that came on my 17x7.5" rims. I didnt know that the limited has wider rims.

Latest posts