Ok I feel some what ignorant asking this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a manual crossmember and mount
You must be registered for see images attach

Shame you are in a different country, I have a NV3550 KJ CRD transmission on my parts jeep.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
lol that possible I honestly can't say it was the only crossmember that came with it. one of the previous so called mechanics may have picked up the wrong crossmember when given back to the previous owner or was in need of an automatic crossmember and pulled a fast one there is no telling at this point but I do own a drill and some bits. I apriciate all the help I may replace the crossmember at a later date but for now it looks as though I will be laying out the new bolt pattern.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Looks like you have a manual crossmember and mount

Shame you are in a different country, I have a NV3550 KJ CRD transmission on my parts jeep.
That there would be a whole new nightmare trying to put a standard where that automatic was I'm getting too old for that type of modifications and in all honesty after 30 years of driving standards I kind of like the automatic transmission or at least 45 RF wasn't bad in that'04 Liberty that I lifted 11 and 3/4 of an inch but the valve seats got it I think it dropped one in the cylinder cause the rod to bend and thick the rod end through the side of the oil pan when the crank came around and slapped it. I hadn't tore it down to find out I just figured I'd replace an engine when I find one

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
That there would be a whole new nightmare trying to put a standard where that automatic was I'm getting too old for that type of modifications and in all honesty after 30 years of driving standards I kind of like the automatic transmission or at least 45 RF wasn't bad in that'04 Liberty that I lifted 11 and 3/4 of an inch but the valve seats got it I think it dropped one in the cylinder cause the rod to bend and thick the rod end through the side of the oil pan when the crank came around and slapped it. I hadn't tore it down to find out I just figured I'd replace an engine when I find one
Which was my fault I'm sure I was going down the interstate and I noticed the temperature gauge started going up and then it dropped I went a little way further down the road exited pulled up in the convenience store and that's when I realized that it was actually hot and Boling over I went to the closest part about a quarter mile a way let it cool down bought a thermostat and replaced the one i took out that morning may of had to be in it to control the flow of water to give it time to cool . considering it took 33 miles before it started to get warm.so I put the new one in and topped it off with antifreeze and was on the road that time 15 miles and it was hot again so I figured it was a bad thermostat so since I was 15 mile down the road from the parts store I got creative and remove the center from the flange of the thermostat and reinstalled in hope that would slow the flow enough to keep it from getting hot .went about ten miles it was hot again this time it was only spitting water out where the radiator cracked which then I called some one to get my trailer. and come get me. swaped out the radiator and all was fine for about a month then the signs of oil dripping from a valve seal started showing and it went down hill from there.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That"s annoying, the V6 has a reputation for dropping valve seats when it gets hot.
Get your EGR spaded or mapped out to avoid issues. If you are happy play this guy is recommended on LOST, he will email you the tune to upload, avoiding the US ban on chip tunes.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
that's for sure it doesn't take much heat at all either because only got close to being In the red and it still caused the issue I have a 4.3 v6 Chevrolet that I was thinking about using since I had the complete pickup but it now has a oil bypass that went bad and collapsed the lifters. I was going to use computer and the wiring harness and distribution box but the automatic transmission wiring may have been a problem. the gauges would be a little bit of a pain. I would have to have more knowledge about writing hex before jumping into that. although I do have a 283 that might fit the build a little more maintenance friendly. I'm sure I will come to a decision one of these days I also have a 302 if it's not locked up by now that may work but that just possibilities and lots of work
That"s annoying, the V6 has a reputation for dropping valve seats when it gets hot.
Get your EGR spaded or mapped out to avoid issues. If you are happy play this guy is recommended on LOST, he will email you the tune to upload, avoiding the US ban on chip tunes.
I had forgotten about the tuners coming up on the choping block I may need to lean towards going diesel electric and toss in a 165kw marin motor. 26 hp yanmar will run close to 60 hours turning a DC generator pulling 200 amps on 15 gallons of diesel. should get in the ballpark of 200 miles a gallon. in theory. lol

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a hell of a design, personally I'd prefer an old school Cat or Perkins that would run forever, but round here getting anything past emission regulations is almost impossible unless it's going into something old.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Well it looks like they decided to change the transmission for no apparent reason because it still has no reverse and it pops and when you go to put it in park after you put it in reverse it's spinning too fast for the PIN to set. And just easing down the road it'll bind up and pop and bind up and pop ever so often

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it's saying is having traction control issues
That may just be an ABS sensor, the traction control is just the ECU applying brake to the spinning wheel, it gets unhappy if it can't see all 4 sensors.
Sadly the autobox sounds sick.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
According to the Mopar Parts fiche, there are three different transmission mounts depending on which transmission and configuration, 2wd, 4wd, model, etc...

Attachments

• Transmission Mounts.png
    Transmission Mounts.png
    611 KB · Views: 4

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
According to the Mopar Parts fiche, there are three different transmission mounts depending on which transmission and configuration, 2wd, 4wd, model, etc...
looks like I have a incorrect #9 Plate the original was probably left on the transmission that they pulled out of it and the mount that came with the purchased transmission does not fit the crossmember or didn't it does now after som drilling and grinding I just have to get the tranfer case swamped out since the previous owner was wrong in the diagnosis of it being the transmission. seeing how it has the same issue and it sounds like the tranfer case not really sure how the misdiagnosed it but it was clearly not the transmission unless it's the out put shaft splins . it has not stopped raining long enough for me to see what is what.thank you for the info .