P0404 After Replacing ERG Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilkius

Reaction score
Hey Everyone - My neighbor had to have her 07 Liberty towed to a shop and they told her she needed a new EGR Valve and Spark plugs. She asked if it was something I could do for less and I agreed.

Job was smooth. Then after driving for 20 minutes or so, she gets a P0404 EGR Position Sensor Rationality code. Cleared it and took it for a spin - code came up again.

Looking for ideas here. Vehicle is running fine.
Thanks!

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The egr valve has a position sensor and the egr position rationality is designed to make sure that the valve moves freely within it's operation range.
As per manual:
Set condition
The egr flow or valve movement is not what expected. A rationality error has been detected from the egr close position performance.

Did you install a Mopar egr?

wilkius

Reaction score
I forgot to update this thread. I had installed an aftermarket EGR that caused the code. Swapped in a Mopar unit from an autowrecker and the code didn't return after being cleared.

Got a P0456 shortly after but traced that to a faulty hose pretty quickly.

wilkius

Reaction score
The purge solenoid "harness" (Part 52129467AC) was cracked at its connector right at the firewall. Waiting on a replacement.

You must be registered for see images attach