Radiator Fan not working (maybe a unique issue)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsrdriver92

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Liberty Latitude with recent issues related to the radiator fan and AC blower motor. When I first discovered the issues, in troubleshooting, I had the radiator fan replaced (the case looked corroded), then the AC blower fan (in dash). While the radiator fan was working, the AC blower motor still did not work. It turned out that the TIPM TEMIC fuse box assembly had a short in it. I had the fuse box assembly replaced with the mechanic programming it. However, I discovered that the radiator fan does not turn on. I used a computer diagnostic tool to see if I had any error codes and there are none. I checked the radiator fan fuse too. No problem. My vehicle does not overheat, it now runs hotter with the needle on the temperature gauge just shy (to left) of half-way. I thought I would ask the forum for any advice on determining what is wrong. Could it be programming for temperature to turn on the radiator fan? Thanks for any help.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the relay and control voltage on 85-86 pins? If you by pass the relay jumping 30 and 87 will the fan engage?

Krf

Reaction score
I would second Blackhawk’s recommendation to check the relay. I had an electric fan issue on my 03 Liberty and it was caused by a bad relay. On the 03, it’s bolted to the frame under the fuse box assembly, where it’s subject to getting splashed with water a lot. It was also a real PITA to get to.

Latest posts

Members online