Rear seat belt help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turboman280

Reaction score
One of the things on my to-do list is to replace the dog-chewed rear seat belts. Looks like the interior panels need to come off for that. Any advice? Could only find KK stuff in my search.

Turboman280

Reaction score
OK, went to the junk yard and scouted. Was able to poke around and see what was needed without worrying about destroying my trim.

So for posterity, here is what I did.

1 - Open rear door and pull up on fastener on lower door seal. this is a small flat pad where the front and rear trim panels meet.

2 - Pull up on door seal from the bottom up to near the seat belt anchor. You will see a couple clip points for teh rear trim panel once the seal is out of the way.

3- Slid trim cover off upper shoulder belt anchor. Pull on bottom and tilt up. Use a 50 torx bit and ratchet to remove upper anchor.

4 - Pop trim loose working from the bottom until halfway up the door. At this point you can push trim out enough to get you hand in to work the ratchet and 50 torx bit. Once bolt is removed, slide retractor assembly up slightly and either forward or backward to remove (I forget which way). Remove rectangular plug where belt goes through, Small release tabs near the rear and longer tabs in the front go into slots.

5 - used 15mm socket with long extension to remove anchor bolt at outer edge of seat cushion. Tilt/lower the back as necessary to gain better access to the bolt.

6 - feed shoulder mount and belt through the trim panel.

Installation is the reverse of removal.