Squeaking noise at 600 to 700 rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfanslau

Reaction score
Hello I have a squeaking noise sounds like the sepertine belt but I changed all the idler pullies, belt tentioner, viscous heater delete kit, and a new sepertine belt the noise only does it at 600 rpm if you raise the rpm to 700 it stops it's driving me up a wall. Could the clutch fan make a squeaking noise like this

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a CRD? If so have you checked / replaced the cam belt, water pump and idlers?

rfanslau

Reaction score
It's a crd and no I haven't touched the timing belt, water pump, or those idlers. Does it sound like something in side the timing belt. Should there be more signs besides a little squeaking

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a crd and no I haven't touched the timing belt, water pump, or those idlers. Does it sound like something in side the timing belt. Should there be more signs besides a little squeaking
No, you don't want any other signs they are expensive! I wouldn't drive it without checking it out, has the belt been done recently?

CHIPPER146

Reaction score
Don't discount you might have gotten a bad replacement idler. It happened to me. I picked one up at Advance auto and it also squeaked. I returned it for another one and it's been quiet for two years.

rfanslau

Reaction score
The only thing I haven't changed is the clutch fan I can figure if it's right or left hand thread

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I can't remember, I'll have a look at mine in the morning.

rfanslau

Reaction score
Well with the sepertine belt off the squeaking went away. So new idlers, tentioner, viscous heater delete kit, and sepertine belt, I think I am going to try the clutch fan next. But can not figure right or left thread it's tight