Regearing and Locking Diffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
I'm driving a jeep liberty with 255/75 r16 tires and am wondering what gearing I should regear too and what are the possibilities of adding in at least one locking differential along with the regearing. I'd like to get both differentials to be locking if possible, but I'm not sure if it is possible to get a locking front differential and the regearing.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lowest gearset available for the front (dana 30a) is 4.10. It can be hard to find as it's unique to the jeep Liberty kj. Lockers as well as limited slips are easier to find. I'm running the Spartan helical and have been quite happy with it.

KingKJ

The Rock Spotter
Reaction score
The lowest gearset available for the front (dana 30a) is 4.10. It can be hard to find as it's unique to the jeep Liberty kj. Lockers as well as limited slips are easier to find. I'm running the Spartan helical and have been quite happy with it.
how rare is it to find and would it be worth it with he tires I am at right now? Also, are you running a front locker or only rear?