REGEARING for larger tires/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krkj02

Reaction score
You need front and back 4 10s. Yes the ratio must match. You will need to find a 2.4 gas liberty in the junkyard in the U.S. They are the only ones that came with 4.10 gears here. And you need the front and back differentials.
do you know where I can order all parts required? I know you have yours for sale. Also I cant find a 2.4l liberty anywhere.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, unfortunately I'm in the UK....
Wife is moaning about the stuff on the drive so my 2.5 manual will be heading to the scrapyard soon :-(

EagleKJ

Lurking member
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need front and back 4 10s. Yes the ratio must match. You will need to find a 2.4 gas liberty in the junkyard in the U.S. They are the only ones that came with 4.10 gears here. And you need the

do you know where I can order all parts required? I know you have yours for sale. Also I cant find a 2.4l liberty anywhere.
It's been a while since I bought them. I think I googled 4.10 gears for my year jeep liberty and just priced the cheapest company to but them from. I think it was Ron'smachiningservice that I got the front gears from. If they have the fronts still they probably have the rears. Then you need the install kits for front and rear. You could try ebay sometimes the diffs pop up for sale off the 2.4s on there. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I don't know where you are but I'm in NW Ohio if you can't find a better deal shopping around we can talk.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need front and back 4 10s. Yes the ratio must match. You will need to find a 2.4 gas liberty in the junkyard in the U.S. They are the only ones that came with 4.10 gears here. And you need the front and back differentials.
This is correct, I'll add that the rear is most likely a chrysler 8.25 which is a much more common axle which makes parts more available and less expensive. On the other hand the jeep liberty is the only vehicle I'm aware of that uses the dana 30a. Many parts are the same as other axles (bearings and races etc) however the ring and pinion is unique and therefore rare. If you find a donor pull both axles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.